Rlx - My BFF

rlx

Hello

Have to do a job that involves around 3000 loops + 2500 connection diagrams & IO-lists.
Bottom line was, either I do it in half of the time and half of the money or else... (the job goes overseas)

For example a loop diagram has a transmitter , connected to a Junction Box , then to a control panel + IO panel.
Loops have to be made as-built (update revision, remove clouds etc). Ok already have an app for that.
But I also have to check each loop against JB and CP channel (oh crap...)

So I came up with the idea to first read all the titleblock titles in the project folder and save this to a (txt) file.
Then, having the loop open in AutoCad , I wanted to be able to either type in part of the title in the search list box or
select the JB or CP symbol and open the drawing.

And that's when I decided to create my very own BFF (Bulk File Finder)

App is still in its beta but so far it seems to be doing what I hoped it to do.
(but some little points may yet come to surface , but hey , baby is only one weekend old so gimme a break)

Make sure you put in (1) blockname of your (title)block , (2) name(s) of attributes with the titles in it,
separated by comma's , (3) select your drawing source folder and (4) choose create (don't forget to save it afterwards)

In the top left listbox (green) you can put in some search strings and you can also save this.

When all this is done and you press ok , it should find all the drawing (titles) matching the search criterea.

Some of the Select and Find buttons (purple section) are not working yet because those will involve some company special ops.
Most of my time went into the interface and progress bar thats activated when scanning for folders, drawings & titles.

Maybe it will be helpfull to others , maybe not because it might be too specific to my own situation but I present it
on an as-it-is basis and because its been a while I posted something and posting on CadTutor seems to be getting rarer. 

If its not working or helpfull : trashcan , yes you can , because of my workload I don't have much time to do user request's

🐉

RlxMyBFF_MainDialog.jpg

RlxMyBFF_MainDialog_Redit.jpg

RlxMyBFF.lsp

Edited by rlx
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1