Move blocks individually in Y plan

RubberDinero

I'm trying to create a lisp to cross select multiple blocks and change their Y plane value with a mouse click each one by one starting with the upper-most block selected and then moving the second upper-most, etc until all are stacked with the desired spacing (each spacing can vary so specifying a set stack space wouldn't work). 

This is where I'm at, tried for hours creating my own code and also mashing different codes together, but I couldn't even get 1 to move ever.

(defun c:test (/ blks blk ) 
	(if (and (setq blks (ssget ":L" '((0 . "INSERT")))));create block list from selected blocks

(repeat (setq x (sslength blks));returns the number of blocks selected as an integer
	(foreach blk (mapcar 'vlax-ename->vla-object (vl-remove-if 'listp (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex blks))));Not my forte, probably where I'm messing up the rest
		(setq p (getpoint "\Pick Y alignment point: "));get a point, only need y value
		;here is where no matter what I add, I can't get anything to move. probably my list formation above is wrong
	)
	)
	)

I tried adding and modifying a code, I believe I got from LeeMac.

you select a bunch of blocks and it aligns them based on X, Y or Z, but all at once. Useful and it's one of my most used Lisp Routine to this day. But it wouldn't work for this new case as I need to stack(or change the spacing of the current stack) based on only the Y plane.

(defun c:XYZ (/ a i k p s)
  (or (setq k (getenv "AlignBlocks")) (setq k "X"))
  (if (and (not (initget "X Y Z"))
	   (setq k (cond ((getkword (strcat "\nAlignment [X/Y/Z] <" k ">: ")))
			 (k)
		   )
	   )
	   (setq p (getpoint "\Pick an alignment point: "))
	   (setq s (ssget '((0 . "insert"))))
      )
    (progn
      (setenv "AlignBlocks" k)
      (setq i (vl-position k '("X" "Y" "Z")))
      (setq a (nth i p))
      (foreach b (mapcar 'vlax-ename->vla-object (vl-remove-if 'listp (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex s))))
	(vlax-invoke b 'move (setq p (vlax-get b 'insertionpoint)) (subst a (nth i p) p))
      )
    )
  )
  (princ)
)
(vl-load-com)

Thanks ahead of time!

I HAVE MADE PROGRESS!!!

(defun c:test (/ a i k p s)
    (setq s (ssget '((0 . "insert"))))
    (repeat (setq x (sslength s))
    (foreach b (mapcar 'vlax-ename->vla-object (vl-remove-if 'listp (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex s))))
  (or (setq k (getenv "AlignBlocks")) (setq k "X"))
  (if (and (not (initget "X Y Z"))
	   (setq k (cond ("Y")
			 (k)
		   )
	   )
	   (setq p (getpoint "\Pick an alignment point: "))
      )
    (progn
      (setenv "AlignBlocks" k)
      (setq i (vl-position k '("X" "Y" "Z")))
      (setq a (nth i p))

(vlax-invoke b 'move (setq p (vlax-get b 'insertionpoint)) (subst a (nth i p) p))

)
  )))
  (princ)
)
(vl-load-com)

It keeps looping through after it reaches the end. Need to find a way to end the command after the last entity.

EDIT: like I feared, it picks the bottom most blocks first, so I'm having to manually select each block in inverse "Y" order, but it's a start!!!

Edited by RubberDinero

31 minutes ago, RubberDinero said:

EDIT: like I feared, it picks the bottom most blocks first, so I'm having to manually select each block in inverse "Y" order, but it's a start!!!

Reverse the order of the selection set. :)

@TemporaryCADGot it!!!

(foreach b (mapcar 'vlax-ename->vla-object (vl-remove-if 'listp (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex s (setq x (- x 1))))))

THANKS!!!

EDIT: that simple (setq x (- x 1)) even fixed the looping! I'm starting to believe!

Edited by RubberDinero
  • Like 1

To reverse a list use the REVERSE function.

(reverse (mapcar 'vlax-ename->vla-object (vl-remove-if 'listp (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex s)))))

@ronjonpOkay Cool! I will keep that in mind for future reference. I'm always trying to continue learning, but I don't get a chance to write lisps all that often.

The code here is actually a small part of a larger program I have  created to automate some tedious tasks. I can easily say I saved myself about 10-20 minutes and hundreds of clicks and keystrokes for smaller jobs. Maybe thousands on larger jobs.

There are more improvements that could automate the picking point portion, but for the moment I am content with the current state.