Kelvinator and Protect

daniAG

Hi.
Someone decompiled one of my vlx files using kali linux and autopsy tool, but I don't know how.
I have only seen a picture of his desktop.

In my opinion, the impression I saw was not a fake.
Because the whole program was in the decompile mode inside the vl-ACAD-defun function.
That's why I need the KELV.exe file.

Please give me the link to download the KELV.exe file and its accompanying files.

The file I found gives a CRC error.

thank you

There is a couple of people around who hint loudly they can decompile a vlx etc so will never get rid of a hacker and for what reason ? How did they end up with your program ?

I still believe in the 99.999% rule "don't have a clue how to crack". What good is a duct  program when I am CIVIL. I have got the phone call software is not working they were trying to install on a friends computer rather than pay, had a security check in code.

Back to protect and Kelv they are very old protection programs and easy to crack so would not go down that path, as I said old so you would need like a 10 year old pc, XP maybe to run. There is some run 32 bit program solutions but I have never had success. Kelvinator may be a 16bit program.

Unfortunately the LISP2C program had a quite death, was possibly a better way to go as it made C code from lisp, which could be compiled into say now .NET, an old 16bit-program.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

I don't know how this happened.
But I know it is true.
And this is done very precisely.
The picture on the left is my code converted from Vlx.
Of course, maybe that person did not show the truth to deceive me.

photo_2022-09-10_00-38-30.jpg

On 16/09/2022 at 04:48, BIGAL said:

There is a couple of people around who hint loudly they can decompile a vlx etc so will never get rid of a hacker and for what reason ? How did they end up with your program ?

I still believe in the 99.999% rule "don't have a clue how to crack". What good is a duct  program when I am CIVIL. I have got the phone call software is not working they were trying to install on a friends computer rather than pay, had a security check in code.

Back to protect and Kelv they are very old protection programs and easy to crack so would not go down that path, as I said old so you would need like a 10 year old pc, XP maybe to run. There is some run 32 bit program solutions but I have never had success. Kelvinator may be a 16bit program.

Unfortunately the LISP2C program had a quite death, was possibly a better way to go as it made C code from lisp, which could be compiled into say now .NET, an old 16bit-program.

The above post is for your information.
You can see how my vlx file is decompiled.

But I don't know if the details of the method in the picture are correct.

I am not sure what you can do from here though, you work out what and how the other person did this, but will that help you make the code more secure?

In my role I could probably research, read, pay, or whatever to get this done but that won't pay the wages at the end of the day, my boss is paying me to produce designs for stuff and would probably be more than upset if I said I was breaking a compiled code so I can 'steal' it. Most users will be the same, 99.9%. The last 0.1%, probably breaking the code for fun, as a hobby maybe. Given enough time it is possible I think to reverse engineer most software.

So if you know who did this my reaction would be not to produce code for them anymore, if they cannot work by the conditions by which you gave them it, then they don't get it. Not sure what else you can do

44 minutes ago, Steven P said:

I am not sure what you can do from here though, you work out what and how the other person did this, but will that help you make the code more secure?

In my role I could probably research, read, pay, or whatever to get this done but that won't pay the wages at the end of the day, my boss is paying me to produce designs for stuff and would probably be more than upset if I said I was breaking a compiled code so I can 'steal' it. Most users will be the same, 99.9%. The last 0.1%, probably breaking the code for fun, as a hobby maybe. Given enough time it is possible I think to reverse engineer most software.

So if you know who did this my reaction would be not to produce code for them anymore, if they cannot work by the conditions by which you gave them it, then they don't get it. Not sure what else you can do

Hello
It's pretty ridiculous when I know there's a way to decompile vlx and keep going without finding a better way.
I have to try to learn that method so I can find a way to deal with it.
I know that the person who did this noticed a security hole and his files are different from mine.
I have explained in this post.

I might then ask if this was a valuable code that they got? or just an annoyance that they did it? (I don't need to know what it is of course)

Like above if 99.9% of the people won't or can't it would not be a big issue for me, if this is a commercial thing for you then perhaps you can lose that customer?

Final question for now, are you able to ask whoever broke the code how they did it?

(I'm not sure many people on here would stand up and say "Yes, I do this all the time" )

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

I might then ask if this was a valuable code that they got? or just an annoyance that they did it? (I don't need to know what it is of course)

Like above if 99.9% of the people won't or can't it would not be a big issue for me, if this is a commercial thing for you then perhaps you can lose that customer?

Final question for now, are you able to ask whoever broke the code how they did it?

(I'm not sure many people on here would stand up and say "Yes, I do this all the time" )

Whoever cracked the code won't tell me how they did it.
He has many programs from me, all of which are vlx.
And I have written many programs that the public buys.
Now I am thinking about the future.
that he can not decompile other programs.

Meanwhile, this silence about decompiling the vlx file made me trust it a lot.
This post will make others not fooled about the security of this file.

And that the truth will become clear one day. The sun does not stay behind the clouds.

Edited by daniAG

I'd be tempted to loose them as a client then.....

Commercially I think what they have done won't impact your business

Not sure how many people on here will post in the forum with details what you want, maybe they will private message you if they know.

In the future if this is going to be a problem it might be worth thinking about making your coding have a unique style. For example, some might put a prefix front of a LISP name (some out their initials there), some might use specific words in the LISP itself (for example in a while loop i will use 'acounter' for any counter I need), or always do things with the same commands and variable names (avoiding things like 'ss' for selection set, everyone uses that at some point). That way if you ever needed to you can highlight all these things in any copied code, and show that you were the originator (the more you use the better).

• Agree 1

Did you have a security check in your code ? Like get disk ID.

If your real worried then you may have to look at .NET. 

I dont do any .NET stuff but this is what lisp2c produces others may be able to see if its usable compared to original lisp. Its a pity it disappeared.

DRIVE__0.C DRIVEWAY.BAT DRIVEWAY.C DRIVEWAY.H DRIVEWAY.LNK DriveWAY.LSP DRIVEWAY.MAK

3 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Did you have a security check in your code ? Like get disk ID.

If your real worried then you may have to look at .NET. 

I dont do any .NET stuff but this is what lisp2c produces others may be able to see if its usable compared to original lisp. Its a pity it disappeared.

DRIVE__0.C 5.6 kB · 1 download DRIVEWAY.BAT 70 B · 0 downloads DRIVEWAY.C 3.56 kB · 0 downloads DRIVEWAY.H 746 B · 0 downloads DRIVEWAY.LNK 107 B · 0 downloads DriveWAY.LSP 943 B · 1 download DRIVEWAY.MAK 434 B · 0 downloads

In many programs I read the number of the motherboard.
But not in the program that this person decompiled.

If AutoCAD has no problem with reading the compiled C file resulting from this conversion, it is really great.
I could not find the lisp2c program.
I saw a program called Vlaxcompile but I did not understand how it works.
And I saw the same one with the name Lisp2arx.
And I could not come to the right conclusion.