How to download an object enabler from the desktop app

Hi and good afternoon!

I am using autocad 2023 but i am working with a cad file that has these AEC Wall objects in it.  I dont have the modify menu in basic autocad... can i get the menu into my basic autocad version or do  i have to have the architectural version??? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mory

• SLW210

• BIGAL

• CAD_Noob

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want to do Architectural stuff you must have that version. You can only view proxy objects in plain Autocad.

But you can maybe open as plain Autocad then add custom menu's that are Architectural commands hopefully, I have done this very successfully in CIV3D having civil commands in the drafting workspace. The more complicated functions still changing to CIV3D workspace.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SLW210 said:

You can export them to be 3D Solids in AutoCAD, but you need AutoCAD Architecture.

You should have access to the Architectural Toolset, it comes free with AutoCAD.

AutoCAD Architecture Toolset Included with Official AutoCAD

To Convert Objects to 3D Solid Objects

Is it only available for AutoCAD 2023?

18 hours ago, Mory said:

yes.. i want to add the toolset .... or should i just download autocad architectural??? 

You can do the entire toolset or just any individually.

You should be able to just open the Autodesk Desktop APP and download them.

11 hours ago, CAD_Noob said:

Is it only available for AutoCAD 2023?

Started with AutoCAD 2019 or 2020 I think.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SLW210 said:

You can do the entire toolset or just any individually.

You should be able to just open the Autodesk Desktop APP and download them.

ok thanks slw210... say.. i am wondering if i just download autocad architectural will it conflict with my autocad regular?  

Just now, Mory said:

ok thanks slw210... say.. i am wondering if i just download autocad architectural will it conflict with my regular autocad?  

'cause then maybe i could just open these particular drawings with these AEC walls with autocad architectural and then learn how to manipulate them and not have to mess up all my settings and toolbars in my regular autocad.... ?

Mory you can have multiple profiles that is have more than 1 Icon on your desk top. Plain or Architectural look into icon properties /p is profile part. Or as I stated earlier make custom menu's that have Architecture and Autocad.

Profiles are saved under Options, so the architecture may have a profile already, you copy a icon on the desktop and right button click then look at properties, you change 2 things the description in General and the profile.

The 1st image is a saved profile, second image is a default imperial CIV3D.

image.png.9cdc6869cf8905be0678c3cdf665cf43.png

image.png.ab580de47b176740ef2fab5991cf41e7.png

Edited by BIGAL

yeah i messed with this last week and jacked up my vanilla autocad and had to spend time fixing it.  It is kinda a bummer that autodesk puts out a version of autocad that is not compatable with the other version/versions!  And then to do away with the main autocad menu and force the ribbon on us if we want to use autocad architecture??? wow!  Oh well i will just explode all these ace walls and then go back  and replace all the doors and windows that disappear when i do that and then i will go back and redo all the hatching that gets mucked up as well!!! 😒   I dont have time to learn a new software package as i am on the job and expected to produce... Thanks all the same to all who have tried to help me navigate thru this... this forum is a great resource!

Tried this... there is only one object enabler available and it has nothing to do with anything useful for my issue with aec walls... i think the only way to use those objects as intended is to use autocad architecture and i just dont have time to learn the ins and outs of said program... and without the main autocad menu (yeah autocad architecture does not allow that menu anymore) i am totally lost and i have never used the ribbon ever (30 year autocad user here)... so maybe some day...  when i find myself twiddling my thumbs looking for something to do... hee hee hah hah... i can try to learn how to use autocad architecture!! but at least i still have my piece of rock candy... not for eatin' but just for lookin' thru... ;) 

CUI & Dashboard were introduced with the 2006 release and upgraded to Ribbon with the 2007 version. I didn't drop the old Menu & Toolbars until all the Civil 3D functions were incorporated into the Ribbon with the 2011 version. I've only had to use Architecture once and that was about 2 years ago. With Architecture open object data should be visible in Properties Palette for a selected object, at least it works for Map 3D imported from GIS. Lots of lisp for viewing, labeling or modifying object data as well. Unfortunately since how object data is stored varies from one organization to the next someone else's code may not help you.

Edited by tombu