LISP for area and length

Stevano

First post so please go easy if I'm posting in wrong forum.

Basically, I'm trying to find a way to write a script to state the length against all open polyines and state the area inside all closed polylines in one macro.  I've found a macro for each task but have no idea how to combine them.  I also need the length/area tex to be on the same layer as the line they reference.

Something like the below as I need to take of lots of information from plans and constantly clicking a line and then looking at the properties and copying to Excel is very time consuming.

image.png.77d939cd5ea9958c137a516ce53a6355.png

Any assistance would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Post the 2 LISPs that you have if you are happy that they work OK (saves us time showing you others that you'd want to evaluate and check), am sure that combining them will be fairly easy

How do you copy to excel? It is also possible to put the output to clipboard to paste into a spreadsheet or make them up as a CSV file, or something to automate that... someone will have something handy to do that I think (I don't tend to do that but others do)

(vl-load-com)

(defun c:PLenarea  (/ spc doc s i l e o vrs pts oid pnt fld txt)

(setq spc (vla-get-modelspace (setq doc (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))))
  (vla-startundomark doc)

(if (setq s (ssget '((0 . "CIRCLE,LWPOLYLINE,LINE,ARC"))))
    (repeat (setq i (sslength s))
      (setq e (ssname s (setq i (1- i)))
	    o (vlax-ename->vla-object e)
	    l (cdr (assoc 8 (entget e))))
      (if (or (= "CIRCLE" (cdr (assoc 0 (entget e))))
	      (and (= "LWPOLYLINE" (cdr (assoc 0 (entget e))))
		   (= 1 (getpropertyvalue e "Closed"))))
	(setq vrs (cond ((cdr (assoc 90 (entget e)))) (1))
	      pts (apply 'mapcar (cons '+ (mapcar 'cdr (vl-remove-if-not '(lambda (x) (= (car x) 10)) (entget e)))))
	      pnt (mapcar '/ pts (list vrs vrs))		 
	      oid (itoa (vla-get-objectid o))
	      fld (strcat "%<\\AcObjProp Object(%<\\_ObjId " oid ">%).Area \\f \"%lu2%pr1%ps[, m²]%ct8[1.0E-006]\">%"))
	(setq pnt (vlax-curve-getpointatdist e (/ (vlax-curve-getdistatparam e (vlax-curve-getendparam e)) 2))
	      oid (itoa (vla-get-objectid o))
	      fld (strcat "%<\\AcObjProp Object(%<\\_ObjId " oid ">%).Length \\f \"%lu2%pr1%ps[, m]%ct8[1.0E-003]\">%")))
      (setq txt (vla-addMText spc (setq pnt (vlax-3d-point pnt)) 0 fld))
      (vla-put-layer txt l)
      (vla-put-AttachmentPoint txt acAttachmentPointMiddleCenter)
      (vla-put-InsertionPoint txt pnt)
      ))
  (vla-endundomark doc)
  (princ)
  )

Apologies, that was very selfish of me.

I've attached the code which I've slightly amended with my very limited coding knowledge to round the figure to the nearest single decimal point.  Does anyone know of a was to get this to round UP to the nearest decimal point instead of just round?  I'm struggling with that one.

Thanks