Required a Lisp to count Similar objects in exploded autocad drawing (count similar objects by same circumstance/area, shape etc)

hibba

Hello Everyone,

i need a lisp to count similar objects in an exploded drawing. in an image below i want to count same type of sockets but drawing is exploded.

image.png.ec294ddca98335fcd6ead871b497c542.png

I don't think this is possible given the drawing you have, quickly checking some sockets - very tricky at least I think. I looked at this a while ago to find similar shapes for the case of an exploded PDF where text is lines... and came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to do that.

In your drawing

- Some have different circle diameters

- Some have the triangles oriented different directions

- Different layers are used

- Lines are drawn in opposite directions and are different lengths

Very tricky is above my skill for an internet forum sorry, but might be possible... ?

- SSget all the circles on electrical layers with a radius of less than 100

- Loop through the Selection set and find if the circle contains any polylines on the same layer as the circle - not something I have ever needed to do but it can be done?

- Count how many segments these polyines have, if =3 there is a good chance it is a circle with a triangle inside?

- Likewise count if the circle is bisecet by a single line on the same layer - again can that be done?

... and then just add them all up...

just guessing but not something I have ever looked into and I reckon it might be a tricky challenge

If it is just 1 drawing like this it might be a lot quicker just to count them manually, or select them and see how many there are in the properties table than making a LISP up unless someone has something ready made

Are you sure there's no way to retrieve a copy of the drawing from before it was (exploded) destroyed? 

Anytime I pass a drawing to someone else I keep a copy for myself just in case they might do something like that.

• Like 1

Bricscad has a make block where it looks at patterns of objects, 

image.thumb.png.f36de0027927217ac1329f7babd5fc7f.png

Ask company to send un exploded, they just dont want you to use there blocks.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BIGAL said:

Bricscad has a make block where it looks at patterns of objects, trying to remember command.

Yeah I forgot about that.

BLOCKIFY

• Like 1

thank you so much for the reply guys. i already tried with BricsCAD but the issue was not resolved with that kind of drawings i have to work.

i remember, i used a lisp earlier where i was able to select same kind of objects with the same property but i have lost that lisp.

Edited by hibba

11 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Bricscad has a make block where it looks at patterns of objects, 

image.thumb.png.f36de0027927217ac1329f7babd5fc7f.png

Ask company to send un exploded, they just dont want you to use there blocks.

Sorry for the earlier reply. I installed again and checked it is also working