Lee Mac Polylines

Milky

Hi,

New to AutoCAD, actually have been zooming and looking at things for a while, but new to actually drawing.
I have an old version of AutoCAD 2011 from work and i think the Join function was different back in the day.

I searched and your polyline program was recommended. Needless to say first Autolisp program as well.

I've uploaded it ok following your instructions, so far so good, but......

I'm trying to join 4 lines together into a rectangle and no joy.
command line - select lines, arcs and polylines
appears, i select the lines and nothing happens.
I tried drawing just 3 sides of the rectangle and then used the PC command to 'close' them and this didn't work either.

I must be doing something stupid. If you could correct the error of my ways i'd be most grateful

Screenshot 2022-05-19 204720.jpg

So what does AutoCAD say in the command line when you try PC ? that might give an idea of what is happening. I am guessing that your 3 lines are drawn as 'lines' and not 'polylines'? If so you'd either need to draw them again as polylines, use the pedit command, selecting them to convert to plines of Lee Macs PJ command (should be in the same place as PC)

Another method you could try are the fillet or chamfer commands setting the radius or D1, D2 distances to 0. Draw the 4th line and then connect the ends like that, as above though if these are drawn as lines then they will stay as lines rather than polylines.

• Agree 1