Help with flash drive serial number

Eduardo Celiz

Hello, I hope you can help me, I was looking for different forums and I could not find a way to obtain the serial number of a usb port, such as the image that I attached, however I did find some codes that they report a usb code to me but what when the usb is formatted it changes, I hope you can help me, the code that I want to obtain is the one that I show in the image.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-27 at 6.59.11 PM.jpeg

That is an unusual request for a LISP, what are you wanting to do with the information?

Post the codes you have found so far if you can and we can see if we can modify them to suit?

(my initial thought is that when you format a USB drive and it changes its serial number then it is not something LISP can affect, that is more an OS thing)

The code you get with autolisp is an 8 digit formattable serial number. This number changes each time you format. Therefore, it is not good to secure with this code.

you mean manufacturer's serial code, I think you cannot get that by autolisp maybe.

We have a machine that will not run certain software unless said dongle is plugged into the computer. I'm guessing that's what your going for?

you need to use USB physical keys not USB drives. The difference is the keys have little to no storage. and only purposes is to be plugged into the computer and when ask spits out a serial number.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/diy-2fa-security-key-shmoocon,news-29184.html

Edited by mhupp