Steal - Lee Mac

abra-CAD-abra

http://www.lee-mac.com/steal.html

I am trying to use the above 'steal' function and pass the list argument for the 'collection' as a variable, where the said variable 'imp' is a list:

(steal (findfile "StealTest.dwg")
   '(
        (
            "Multileader Styles"
            imp
        )

)
  )

This returns bad argument type: listp IMP

I have tried the quote function and the apostrophe and I am having no joy.

Hope somebody can shed some light on this.

Thanking you in advance  🙂

After some experimenting, I got there:

(steal (findfile "StealTest.dwg") (list (list "Multileader Styles" (list imp)))) 

Sensational piece of kit, Lee! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Takes a minute to get used to lists of lists of lists but being able to bring in lists of so many different types of things instantly with one call is amazing!

Macro I use to bring in a layout along with Page Setups for outputting to printing both to paper and to PDF:

^C^C^P(DelPageSetup "11×17*")(Steal (strcat (vl-filename-directory (getenv "QnewTemplate")) (chr 92) "AutoCAD Template" (chr 92) "Templates.dwt") (list (list "Page Setups" (list "11×17" "11×17 PDF"))(list "Layouts" (list "11×17")))) .regen

It's loaded in my acaddoc.lsp file since I use it many times a day for many things.

Thanks Lee!😁

9 hours ago, tombu said:

Takes a minute to get used to lists of lists of lists but being able to bring in lists of so many different types of things instantly with one call is amazing!

Macro I use to bring in a layout along with Page Setups for outputting to printing both to paper and to PDF:

^C^C^P(DelPageSetup "11×17*")(Steal (strcat (vl-filename-directory (getenv "QnewTemplate")) (chr 92) "AutoCAD Template" (chr 92) "Templates.dwt") (list (list "Page Setups" (list "11×17" "11×17 PDF"))(list "Layouts" (list "11×17")))) .regen

It's loaded in my acaddoc.lsp file since I use it many times a day for many things.

Thanks Lee!😁

Thank you, tombu! Very useful! 😀

• Like 1