Any reference about CMS IntelliCAD - is it good alternative for AutoCAD?

Juan Sevilla

I was wondering if anyone has any feedback about CMS IntelliCAD software and if it's a good alternative to AutoCAD.
Did some tests with their trial and it seems too good to be true considering the published prices.

Also looks like they provide free academic licenses at their website, but I'm no longer a student.

These days the alternative cad programs are very good, have programmed Intellicad many years ago, some recent posters are using Intellicad they may comment, for me I use Bricscad with no problems very good support.

Have had the (stand alone) version for approximately 2 years. No complaints  from me. I can't up-date because in my area can't afford internet on my computer. Will order the new version as soon as (stand alone) version is available.

IntelliCAD is working very hard competing for the number two spot and given the consistently affordable price, it's a great value.  CMS is our preferred vendor of IntelliCAD.  They have always been very responsive and helpful.

Yes, according to the IntelliCAD help ...

"Undocumented Functions Supported by IntelliCAD

The following functions are supported by IntelliCAD but are not yet documented" followed by a huge list of VL- and VLAX function names.

If including VL functionality, be sure you start out with ...

(vl-load-com)

While we haven't created any new Lisp in over 10 years, our ToolPac add-on still has over 1000kb of lisp, several occurrences of "vl-" and "vlax" with no reported problems.  And if anyone needs extensions beyond Lisp's capabilities you could create a .NET DLL and use ....

<LispFunction("YOUR_FUNCNAME")> _