How to see oriented line while zooming in

shokoufeh

Hi every one.

I have a question. I searched a lot but couldn't find the answer.

I use Auto cad 2018.

In my computer, while I zoom in, the lines that are not vertical or horizontal get some fraction in them; so I can find oriented lines easily.

It is important for me that every vertical or horizontal lines be completely straight. So by zooming in (by scrolling the mouse), i can easily find the lines which are even 0.001 mm oriented. As I said, this is found by the fraction that appear in line while zooming in.

now the question is:

I have another computer whit exactly the same graphic and CPU and the same auto cad version. But zooming in, does not show the fraction in lines (if the line is a little oriented).

I am curious to know what the problem is and why this fractions do not appear in the second computer?

I attach a picture that shows the fraction in line that I mean.

Thank you.

Fractions in line.PNG

54 minutes ago, SLW210 said:

See if THIS ARTICLE helps.

Are the drivers the same version?

Try swapping monitors and cables. Do they use the same type of cable connection?

Thank u for the article. I will Check it.

As far as I know, every thing about this two computers and monitors are completely the same.

Actually I believe that it must be in relation with the system's configuration, not Auto cad setting; but I want to make sure about this.

I would be uneasy on relying on visible effects to check whether a line is orthogonal.

Set the angle precision to 6, and just click on each line in turn. The properties will show which lines are not perfectly horizontal or vertical. No zooming necessary!

• Like 1

Hardware acceleration OFF on one of the systems?  You're supposed to sit further away from the larger screens because they have larger LED/LCD's

I can insert a rectangle on the end of a line faster than I can zoom and watch for squiggles in the lines, plus that gives me a gauge to fix it with, eliminating more squiggle watching.

Brings to mind those old screen saver basic programs with the rotating lines we used to run on the IBM PC XT back in the early eighties. 

On 3/1/2022 at 12:30 PM, eldon said:

I would be uneasy on relying on visible effects to check whether a line is orthogonal.

Set the angle precision to 6, and just click on each line in turn. The properties will show which lines are not perfectly horizontal or vertical. No zooming necessary!

Thank you for your guidance.
But I want to find the non horizontal and non vertical lines just as I look at them. Going to properties of each line is time-consuming.

Unfortunately just looking is going to mean that you miss many of the problems, there are too many unknowns on how your devices interpret the data. My worry would be how are the lines being created in the first place?

On 3/4/2022 at 10:38 PM, Dana W said:

Look at your GRAPHICSCONFIG command.  Do both AutoCAD programs have line smoothness set the same?

Thank you very much. this solution worked for me.

Are my posts not showing up?

One of the first solutions in the link I posted.

Solution:

Do one or more of the following to adjust the line display in AutoCAD:

Install the latest updates for AutoCAD (see Install Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements).

On the command line in AutoCAD, enter GRAPHICSCONFIG and verify that the correct video card is being used (see AutoCAD uses the wrong graphics card).

In the same Graphics Performance window, turn off Smooth line display and/or High Quality Geometry. Alternatively, on the command line enter LINESMOOTHING and HQGEOM and set the values to OFF or 0 (zero). 

10 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Are my posts not showing up?

One of the first solutions in the link I posted.

I don't see the original myself.  That's pretty weird.  Wait, there it is.  I didn't click the link the first time through.  I bet somebody else didn't either.  What happened to the facepalm Emoji?  I need it about now. 

Edited by Dana W