Remote Work and CAD - Especially SSM

resullins

We have recently run into an issue with remote work and cloud storage. Obviously, we have a lot of remote workers that need to work on the central servers and files. But VPN is WAY too slow. Our company has a cloud management software with a desktop connect feature (Gladinet's Centrestack) whicH does NOT handle Sheet Set Manager. It automatically locks it out because of the way it stores/uploads data. I know there are some cloud/desktop connect programs that will handle this pretty well (I believe we used Egnyte previously), but my company doesn't want to have to pay tens of thousands a year for something super expensive. 

Autodesk of course wants to push us towards Construction Cloud subscriptions... but there has to be something else. We know that Revit HAS to be done on BIM360/Construction Cloud... but we only pay for a few licenses for that for the users that need Revit. What I need is something literally everyone in the company can use... which would make BIM360 cost-prohibitive. 

So what does everyone use? What works, what doesn't? 

• 4 months later...

Hello, sorry for the delay response. I'm new to this forum

Try "Triofox", works quickly and with sheet set. They have a trial