Is There a Lisp to Attach Multiple Files to Multiple Drawings Automatically

Ahmed Khaled

Hi, I'm asking if there Is an Open Source Lisp to Attach multiple Xref files to multiple drawings automatically just like Dot Soft toolpac 

Thanks in advance

image.png.486e3958d13ba6d100d3d5e088743901.png

You can attach an xref with LISP, (command "-xref" "Attach" "MyXref.dwg" "0,0" "" "" ""). You can attach another xref with a LISP, (command "-xref" "Attach" "AnotherXref.dwg" "0,0" "" "" ""), so I reckon it is possible, yes.

Once you can attach multiple XRefs to a single file then you can apply that to many files using one of the batch routines out there, I think Lee Mac has one, or you can look at the core console which will be quicker.

So... how are you with writing LISP routines and using core console or batch routines? Once we know that, we cam give you the right amount of help, not too little so you don't get wha you want, and not too much that we do thigs that you are very capable of doing yourself.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steven P said:

You can attach an xref with LISP, (command "-xref" "Attach" "MyXref.dwg" "0,0" "" "" ""). You can attach another xref with a LISP, (command "-xref" "Attach" "AnotherXref.dwg" "0,0" "" "" ""), so I reckon it is possible, yes.

Once you can attach multiple XRefs to a single file then you can apply that to many files using one of the batch routines out there, I think Lee Mac has one, or you can look at the core console which will be quicker.

So... how are you with writing LISP routines and using core console or batch routines? Once we know that, we cam give you the right amount of help, not too little so you don't get wha you want, and not too much that we do thigs that you are very capable of doing yourself.

I mean something like add-on or lisp that will function like the screenshot above 

Yes, see above, that will do the same as what I assume the screenshot is doing and you just need to build the LISP around it to give you the options you want.

You might not get anything as finished or as nice looking for free from a forum like this but you will get help to make something work and do as you want. So... how are youat writing a LISP routine, how much help will you need to get what you want?

55 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Yes, see above, that will do the same as what I assume the screenshot is doing and you just need to build the LISP around it to give you the options you want.

You might not get anything as finished or as nice looking for free from a forum like this but you will get help to make something work and do as you want. So... how are youat writing a LISP routine, how much help will you need to get what you want?

I Can't write a lisp code

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahmed Khaled said:

I Can't write a lisp code

That's fine, some people can, some people can't...

See how you do with the program Maratovich suggested, not free but $5 for a year sounds good value, and if it is no good come back and see what we can think of

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Steven P said:

That's fine, some people can, some people can't...

See how you do with the program Maratovich suggested, not free but $5 for a year sounds good value, and if it is no good come back and see what we can think of

Thanks, I appreciate it