Opening drawing from a network connection.

Casusa

BricsCAD Lite fully supports Lisp.  A perpetual license will run you a one-time fee of $590 US. (excludes taxes, VAT, or levies).

Edited by ReMark

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to weigh in late on this one. I worked many a year in IT for large companies. We used Novell and Windows servers. Since your original post referenced a network drive, that's not exactly the same things as an external drive. Either way, once you achieve a drive mapping to the drive whether it's external or a network drive, you should be able to access it even with AutoCAD 2005. To diagnose, I would check that you have the drive mapped and a letter assigned to it. And remember, what one user calls drive H:\ may not be the same on another workstation.

Edited by Bill Tillman
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 7:55 AM, ReMark said:

BricsCAD Lite fully supports Lisp.  A perpetual license will run you a one-time fee of $590 US. (excludes taxes, VAT, or levies).

I tried BricsCAD way back in 2015. It was nice and had an interface that you could make look just like AutoCAD. But when it came to LISP, I had troubles. At that time I was working as a full-time LISP developer and some of my programs were several thousand lines long. They worked perfectly in AutoCAD but when I tried them on BricsCAD it would crash. They may have worked out the bugs by now. I haven't tried it since 2015.

Edited by Bill Tillman
  • Like 1

Hi Bill, I program nearly everything now in Bricscad V20 there are a couple of commands that work differently such as Polygon, but I dont have any problems, many years ago wrote for Intellicad and had a couple of hiccups but worked out what they were. I ahve some older software like 1990 and it works fine it has like 130 modules.

Oh yeah another is loading line types looks for default.lin or iso.lin, set or get property does not work.

The VLA command as referenced by the Bricscad team has added around support for 200 vl functions.

Maybe need a list of what does not work.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

This thread seems to be veering off topic.

Maybe try to reinstall AutoCAD 2005, it may fix whatever issues the last update to Windows 10 was that caused the problem.

When Windows 10 first came out, a co-worker needed AutoCAD 2004 loaded on his personal laptop and was having trouble with it, I removed all Autodesk products completely, ran CCLeaner on it and turned off UAC then reinstalled and it ran flawlessly after that.

Far out guess, maybe try using a different drive letter to map the drive. You never know.

I'll try to see if my 2000i at home as any problems since last update.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...