Looking for Good Landscaping Software

afrazahmed

I do know that Autodesk has ReCap software that can implement - photo to 3d - visualizations.

That can definitely be helpful for landscaping applications because it will provide a complete 3d map of the area.  The imagery gets overlayed as a texture map.

The process requires photos - alot of them.  Some firms will use drones for this purpose, and then import the photos to the program.

The workflow, from what I understand, requires the use of multiple programs.  But ReCap is the program that can import the actual data and render it in 3D.

Bentley has Programs that can do this as well...

• ContextCapture
  • LumenRT

The accuracy of these kinds of mappings depends on the operator, essentially, and the extent of the photos taken to render the model.

(Think LIDAR but without the need for lasers)

it requires ALOT of high resolution photos so the process can take up alot of hard drive capacity as well.

LumenRT sounds like it's pretty impressive.

Can also import any models from Sketchup, Revit, Microstation and Archicad - in a realistic landscape.

So you can literally scan to get your starting point. then add 3d trees, plants and other features of work on the project.

Out of curiosity, I did search on the autodesk app store and found some interesting options/addons.

https://apps.autodesk.com/All/en/List/Search?isAppSearch=True&searchboxstore=All&facet=&collection=&sort=&query=landscaping

Cheers!

-ChriS

Edited by ammobake

• 2 weeks later...