Chamfer 2.0

Nick24

Hi guys!

Can you please help with a small issue?

I'm in need of a chamfer that makes the below shape (green line). Do you know if AutoCAD can do this or is there any free routine for this? Basically, except the chamfer distances there should be an additional question for the user to insert the "X" values.

Thanks!

2021-12-14_17h28_49.png

It pretty easy to do but can you confirm do a normal chamfer as part of routine so get the chamfer distance is this to be used as the next distance also ? The white bit is not as long as the dashed portion. Another question is the blue dashed required ?

You need to provide more rule details other than "X" need "Y" "Z" etc If you want to use a offset distance say so now.

image.png.68e82910ccaa2f1c1d10e0eaf9be58d3.png

Thanks for replying@BIGAL!

The rest of the line beyond the green one is not necessary. Just like a normal chamfer, it should be erased. All that’s required is that green line shape.

Additionaly, small green lines are to be always perpendicular on the original lines and this should be applicable only to lines/polylines, not arcs/splines/etc; and small green lines have always same length, so the user needs to be asked for 2 things: distance of the small green lines from the nearest endpoint and the “X” value, meaning the length. And in the end, a line should be drawn to join those 2 small green lines. Hope i was clear enough.

@mhuppsorry for asking, but why is this unpolite? When you’re in need, every help is useful🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Nick24

4 minutes ago, Nick24 said:

sorry for asking, but why is this unpolite? When you’re in need, every help is useful🤷🏼‍♂️

Has the potentail to wast peoples time/effort if the question is already answered somewhere else.  looks like calderg1000 has already.

12 minutes ago, mhupp said:

Has the potentail to wast peoples time/effort if the question is already answered somewhere else.  looks like calderg1000 has already.

I understand that, but if i get an answer on other forums, be sure i'll post here to close this topic or to share the solution. So if maybe someone next month has the same question as mine, they can search it on cadtutor.net and find the answer 🙂

Regarding the answer on Autodesk forum, it is not quite ok, it has some errors, so topic is still on.

Ok distance from IP point to green line, so not a chamfer answer rather, just draw a 90 line of X length from both sides then join all done. Don't have anything and need to do real work 1st, just draw circle and get the 2 intersection points. Which brings us to another question are they lines or a pline please state. Note answer should allow for non 90 corners.

@BIGAL, the principle of doing that shape can be like a chamfer or something else, it doesn’t matter. Only the result matters🙂

The shape should be pline and it should allow non-90° angles for the original lines.