move + copy

itacad

Hi, I need to combine two traditional commands: move and copy.

I would like to make a selection, remove the objects from the selection (=move), and copy them wherever I want (=copy)

Alternative could be to combine the copy command with the delete command and delete the first selected objects after making the necessary copies.

Thanks in advance for the help

So copy then with an option to delete original or am i missing something?

Make a selection move it to a new location, and  then have an option to make copies of that selection else where?

Edited by mhupp

Try this. This is your alternative, copy objects and then delete the originals

Note that the 'copy' command doesn't show the copied objects moving about  - couldn't remember how to make the loop work apart from how I have it below.

(defun c:trythis ()
  (setq sset (ssget))
  (setq pt1 (getpoint "Select Base Point:"))
  (while
    (setq pt2 (getpoint "Select Next Point or <enter> or <space>:"))
    (command "copy" sset "" pt1 pt2)
  )
  (command "erase" sset "")
)

• Like 1

When a command is started and on the command line is "Select objects", there are a number of options, which if you know them, you can just enter the required option, or if you don't know them, enter a "?" and they will be shown.

Your problem seems to be easily solved by using existing commands, rather then going to the extra of using lisp.

Just use CUT (CTRL+X) and Paste (CTRL+V), though you wouldn't be able to select a base point, if that's necessary.

You might be able create a Macro to Copybase>Select Base Point>Delete>Paste, if you don't want to do it manually.

If you want to use COPY, COPY>Select>Pick Base Point>move object to new location>(E)rase>(P)revious>Enter

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SLW210 said:

Just use CUT (CTRL+X) and Paste (CTRL+V), though you wouldn't be able to select a base point, if that's necessary.

You might be able create a Macro to Copybase>Select Base Point>Delete>Paste, if you don't want to do it manually.

If you want to use COPY, COPY>Select>Pick Base Point>move object to new location>(E)rase>(P)revious>Enter

That's what I first thought apart from no base point - sometimes that isn't so important though

Thank you Steven P,  your lisp is exactly what I need!

Unfortunately the visual effect of the copy command is missing (object visible while being copied) but the result which is what matters is excellent!

Thanks also to those who participated in the discussion, greetings

1 hour ago, itacad said:

Thank you Steven P,  your lisp is exactly what I need!

Unfortunately the visual effect of the copy command is missing (object visible while being copied) but the result which is what matters is excellent!

Thanks also to those who participated in the discussion, greetings

Unfortunately I couldn't work out how to make the copy loop and to show the objects as they are moving. In the back of my mind I think Lee Mac did this somewhere on his website, but cannot remember where