PDF IMPORT SCALE

masterfal

ok so this is something that has bugged me for many years and have never been able to resolve it properly or find a proper answer so just thought i'd put it out there and see what happens

i live/work in australia and use the metric system so all my cad settings (i believe) are setup to suit. yet every single time i import a pdf i need to set the scale to 2540 (1 inch = 25.4mm so its picking up an imperial reference somewhere).

my question is, what do i need to do to get this import scale to be 100 or 1000 or whatever its supposed to be? Or do i have to put up with this imperial reference forever?? surely there's a way?

Edited by masterfal

3 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Post a pdf must be something  to do with size and no doubt pixels/inch or DPI.

Ps I am AUS near Newcastle.

PD_006.pdf

example pdf attached

import scale needs to be 2540 without fail. thats what i always need to use on pdfs we work with that we get from everybody

i'm over in perth myself

The issue stems from how the original was created and it is reflecting the size of the saved pdf not a dwg size, I just did a A1 title block made a pdf at 1=1 scale then did pdfafttach at 1=1 scale it appears to be spot on. There is some posts about getting info from a pdf so size may be one of them then could write a lisp to do the pdfttach and rescale as required. Also remember say the plan may have a scaling factor for the viewport say for a house like 1:100. 

This may be the problem it can be inches, look at the mm.

image.png.2a1507274e903d61411cc8d917e1b82d.png

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

Same here when imported to an Imperial and Metric drawing.  The PDF was plotted to Imperial scale is all I could say, perhaps contact the source.

Though easy enough if they are all the same to set the import scale to 2540.