AutoCAD user interested in BricsCAD

Mugna101

Sup all :D

Im a freelancer paying alot on AutoCAD license.

From time to time I hear about people using BricsCAD or ProgeCAD and such,

Ofcourse I'd like to save up my money and not pay on a regular basis I need to be clear about these alternatives..

What would you guys say that is impossible to do (or atleast harder than) in BricsCAD compared to AutoCAD?

Is CPU usage better in BricsCAD?

I have seen few surveys that says AutoCAD is a smarter software but I have no clue what it means.

I havent found any conclusive answers to these via Google

In my opinion BricsCAD is just as capable as AutoCAD.  We were an AutoCAD only workplace until it got to be just too damn expensive so we switched half our engineers to BricsCAD Pro.  The other half, including our two Senior CAD Designers, still use full AutoCAD.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ReMark said:

In my opinion BricsCAD is just as capable as AutoCAD.  We were an AutoCAD only workplace until it got to be just too damn expensive so we switched half our engineers to BricsCAD Pro.  The other half, including our two Senior CAD Designers, still use full AutoCAD.

Are they using AutoCAD cuz of something specific or just being old and stubborn?

On 10/28/2021 at 11:35 PM, ReMark said:

The Senior CAD Designers use full AutoCAD because they do all the 3D design work.

But is the BricsCAD 3D modeling still as capable? is it using same commands and such?

Yes, 3D modeling is available and capable in BricsCAD and the commands are very much similar to AutoCAD.  Ex. - Extrude, Push-Pull, Subtract, Sweep, etc.

• Like 1

Down load the trial, heaps of 3rd party programs out there not just free lisp's. I use it every day do majority of my coding in Bricscad, a couple of little differences here and there but very minor. I run Civil Site Design on Bricscad. Find start up way faster.

• Like 1