What is the functionality of the "f" character in arc command

YUVRAJ

Hi,

Could you please help me here, I have old code and this code has below script line, I don't understand what is the functionality of the "f" character in the arc command.

If anyone has an idea about this please let's know

(command "_arc" pth2 "f" pth21"r" r_pthr)

Thanks in advance for your help

It's in quotes so its not a variable.

When i type the arc command in BricsCAD

Enter start of arc or [Center/Follow]:
Enter second point or [Angle/Center/Direction/End/Radius]:

Follow

Continues the arc tangent from the last point picked (same as pressing Enter).

Edited by mhupp
  • Agree 1

Might be simple just to type 'Arc' in the command line and follow it through from there to give you a clue.

"f" is a character entered, so not a variable calculated earlier in the routine, but... in my 2020 AutoCAD  the only options are "C" "E" or a point. It might be a hangover from an earlier version of the command, or a typing error? I guess you are asking because the routine isn't giving you the results you want? try changing it to an E and see what happens.

An alternative might be to replace the "f" with pause as you check, run the LISP again and see what options come up when it gets to that point and pauses for your input... and that will give you a clue also as to what to change it to

• Agree 1

Too expand on mhupp's comment, the Follow option extends tangent from last straight line segment, not just the point. (If you start a new drawing and arc is the first command, there is no "f" option nor will "enter" work.) It is similar to the pline command when you use the "a" (arc) option after drawing a straight line segment.