How can I use in fields handle to objects

costin calin

I write fields in table, in blocks or in text.

A field example:

%<\\AcObjProp Object(%<\\_ObjId 2283715510624>%).Area>%

But objects ID isn't same in diffrent load. Sometime show me "####" because ID was change.

And it need to do all links again.

Handle is everytime same!

It's a posibility to use some how %<\AcDiesel>% or %<\AcExpr>% ?

I think Mtext fields can only reference the Object ID and not the Handle. but you can convert them with (handent "handle")

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2013/ENU/index.html?url=files/GUID-AF6DD533-1A24-4687-96EB-F03F26050C07.htm,topicNumber=d30e618196

https://documentation.help/AutoCAD-ALISP-VLISP/WS73099cc142f4875516d84be10ebc87a53f-7a24.htm

The object id should persist though saves if the object isn't deleted, exploded, or put into a block so its not the same "Entity" this should also change the handle to.

I created a rectangle and moved the vertices around the filed wouldn't update until i used the regen command.

you might want to keep an eye out to see when these fields change to #### its probably after running a lisp that's doing something funky.

Edited by mhupp
  • Like 1

Like mhupp said an object id never changes. That  "####" was from something else that's been done.

If you copy an object and field to another location in the same drawing the copied field will still be referencing the first object not the second since it's object id reference is the same. If you delete the original object all the fields referencing it will show you that "####".

If you copy an object and field to another drawing the copied field will show you that "####" since it's object id reference isn't in that drawing and cannot be found.

• Thanks 1