Add "Layer Control" to shortcut menu (right click menu)

Is it possible to add the Layer Control command to the right click menu (see attachment).

Normally I add command from CUI, Shortcut menus, Edit Menu or Default Menu.

Untitled.png

No that would not be possible. Why would you want it there anyway? 

I prefer the Quick Access Toolbar for the Layer List Combo Box also found in the Layers panel in the ribbon. As the QAT doesn't use up any screen space and is accessible in any Ribbon state no matter what tab is active it's the perfect place for it. Hard to imagine anything easier than hitting L+Spacebar for line or C+Spacebar for circle. To many things in those menus make finding what you need harder not easier.

I've set up both Object & Objects shortcut menus for almost every object type in AutoCAD but have only made a few modifications to the Edit and Default menus. 

Being able to do any modification I want to an object or group of objects with a right-click without hunting for a button saves a lot of time.

• Like 1

OK thanks.

I tried to add to the Quick Access Toolbar but it didn't let me, this is using the CUI. I can't drag the control.

Capture.PNG

Under Command List click the drop-down 'All Commands and Controls' and select 'Ribbon Control Elements' and search for Layer. It started out with a different name as I remember but is currently called the 'Layer List Combo Box'.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for confirming, now I know the correct name "Layer List Combo Box".

I assume you noted that this wasn't able to be placed in the Shortcut Menus.

Cheers.

8 hours ago, sketch11 said:

Thanks for confirming, now I know the correct name "Layer List Combo Box".

I assume you noted that this wasn't able to be placed in the Shortcut Menus.

Cheers.

'Ribbon Control Elements' can only be used in the Ribbon and the QAT, they cannot even be used in a Toolbar. As Shortcut Menu items aren't static but picked to execute a task I wouldn't think even a drop-down scroller like the old Toolbar layer selector would work as a Shortcut item.

• Thanks 1