Delete Xrecords ? problem opening up in Trueview

mhupp

This is a bit of a weird one. I Don't really know much about xrecords except its a way to store info in a drawing. Everything works great but because we use BricsCAD they are doing something funky with xrecords that Trueview doesn't like. When trying to open a file it will display the following and not open

The following error was encountered while reading
in XRECORD starting at line 79480:
DXF read error
Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded.

line 79480 content

XRECORD
{ACAD_REACTORS
6F
}
6F
AcDbXrecord
bpenEnabled
bpenFileName
sketchy.bpen

I can delete these lines and save and the file will open in trueview again with out errors.  (to manual)

I can also cut everything out of the drawing and paste into a new drawing and it will open up in trueview with out errors. (faster but to manual, also have to set up titleblock and tabs again)

Is their a lisp or something that i can just automatically delete this xrecord? trueview doesn't like the 5005 or sketchy.bpen even tho we only use 2d wireframe.

Edited by mhupp

Heck, I've seen Trueview (and AutoCAD for that matter) fail to open DXF files that AutoCAD itself exported.

I respect the fact that the DXF open process is checking the DXF file, but they should just let the file open and warn the user about issues.