Error function

sivapathasunderam

1.) Is this a typical error function ?

2.) How this works? (when there is error on my code, this will break the program correct)

(defun *error* (errmsg)
    (if (not (wcmatch errmsg "Function cancelled,quit / exit abort,console break"))
      (prompt (strcat "\nError: " errmsg))
    ); if

3.) Can i add this to my lisps, if required when it's required to update further . . . 

1. Yes

2. If the error contains any of the following in the wcwatch it will not display the error message that is all.  if its a different error it will display that error.

The lisp has already stopped due to the error.

Example:

type ZE command

Autocad zoom extents and waits for object selection.

*hit esc key*

error: Function Cancled

3. Yes just add it before or after your code. more details here

or here

This is my zoom Extents macro it has a second "command" to zoom to object if i select anything but usually just hit esc and dont want to see an error when i do.

;;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;;
;; Zoom Extents Then Zoom to object if needed
(defun C:ZE (/ SS *error*)
  (defun *error* (errmsg)
    (if (not (member errmsg '( "Console Break" "Function cancelled")))
      (princ (strcat "\nError: " errmsg))
    )
  )
  (vl-cmdf "_.Zoom" "E")
  (if (setq SS (ssget))
    (progn
      (vl-cmdf "_.Zoom" "OB" SS "")
      (vl-cmdf "_.Zoom" "0.95x")
    )
  )
)

Edited by mhupp
  • Like 1

A minor point, but always be sure to declare the redefined *error* symbol as local to the function (i.e. within the list of local arguments & variables), so that the scope of the redefinition is limited to the function in which it is redefined; without this declaration, you are redefining the error function globally and therefore affecting all other AutoLISP functions defined within the active document namespace.

• Like 1