Text2Block

Truski

Hello everyone, I need a routine to convert each text object to a block.
I found just what I wanted in this post: https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/66935-text2block/?do=findComment&comment=548270

But it lacks a couple of things ...
1 - The block must be annotative 1:1
2 - Macth block orientation to layout

Can someone help me modify the routine to get what I need?

Thank you

It is a file in which there are already many texts and I want to convert them to block and macth block orientation to layout.

Would a lisp that converts those texts to Annotative Text at the current scale with orientation set to layout suit your needs?

Seems cleaner than adding a bunch of blocks to the drawing that you would need the block editor to modify. You wouldn't even be able to search for text that was part of a block.

In that post they talk about changing the text options from properties. What I do not know how to do is that the text is oriented by itself with the rotation of the presentation, as the block does when marking the option "Macth block orientation to layout".

Thank you

59 minutes ago, Truski said:

In that post they talk about changing the text options from properties. What I do not know how to do is that the text is oriented by itself with the rotation of the presentation, as the block does when marking the option "Match block orientation to layout".

Thank you

Yes you can do it in the Properties Palette.

It must be set to annotative first to see the option to "Match block orientation to layout". When set in Properties the text will always be displayed horizontal in a viewport. Of course if you viewed it on the model tab in a twisted view it would not as it would have no layout to reference but if it's easier to select all that text on the Model tab it works. The text will be horizontal in any layout viewport.