Viewport issue

sinergy

Can you post the .dwg?

How are you zooming?

I prefer to have a polygon in modelspace on a non-plot layer for the area I am using for the view, that way you can zoom window or object.

On 4/17/2021 at 2:41 PM, tombu said:

BIGAL's simply stating that if you moved the viewport a certain distance to the right you would no longer have the issue of overlapping viewports. Once you had the viewport zoomed the way you like and locked just move it to the left the same distance to put it back where it was.

In options Display tab I've always kept "Display paper background" unchecked as "Display printable area" displays all that's needed without limiting drawing area.

BIGAL's method works best for all of us with the same display settings but I can see from the image you posted your settings add limits to the drawing area so it will not work for you. 

Personally I recommend setting your display settings same as ours as placing limits on what you can do in AutoCAD is counterproductive.

Hi, I eventually achieved what I wanted to do by following this advice, by moving the viewport in question outside of the paper space, where the zooming issues didn't allow for the second viewport to to display what I intended it to display.
I also changed the display settings as suggested. Let's see how it goes!
Many thanks for your support!