Show overlapping objects

Hi, I know the overkill command that allows to delete overlapping objects, unfortunately it eliminates them without highlighting them...I ask if you know a method, command or lisp that can do this.

Regards

It will depend on the objects (and number of objects/size of drawing) but a simple method I often use is select everything and in properties turn transparency to 50 and lineweight to the highest setting, then turn lineweight visibility on. 

This does depend on whether you actually use those settings in your drawing. But if not it gives a quick visual clue as to where problem areas are. And as an added bonus you can also quicly see where lines are made up of short segments, because where objects touch or overlap you see a clear color difference. And when you are done simply turn transparency and lineweight back to 'ByLayer'. Sometimes it is also easier if you also use properties to overide the color when there are many colors in a drawing. This does depend on everything using properties 'ByLayer' otherwise you lose those individual settings.

• Like 2

Thanks for the help, I will remember this tip...I haven't found a more direct method that highlights overlaps in a selection right away, it would be enough for me to succeed even just for the blocks, for now I manage with this trick and the cursor that changes shape when cyclic selection is active.

regards