set template to metric

Hello, I  have opened the standard  acad.dwt template for the first time. I used DIMSTYLE to check the dimensions style, and they are all shown in imperial measurements. How do I convert this template to metric, so that it opens in metric every time?

I  cannot f9ind the Options Dialog Box either

Edited by JoeS09

FOUND IT !!  Open the .dwt  template file Just right click on the screen and at the bottom of the drop down menu is Options.

Set Metric in Option

-Right Click
-select Option
-User preferemces Tab

-Insertion Scale Part

-Soure and Target units change to metric

Still not working! I  saved the .dwt temlate after selecting metric options, then re-opened the AutoCAD program. The DIMSTYLE command still shows imperial measurements.

When drawing, it appears the drawing is in metric millimetres as specified in the Options dialog box

How do I  change the .dwt to metric ?

Edited by JoeS09

After chasing my tail for hours, I  finally opened the standard template acadiso.dwt, and found it to be metric !!  I thought that template was for isometric drawings, and had never bothered with it previously

• Like 1

As you are using metric then you may be interested in taking a look at the metric drawing templates here, old but still good:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?99585-titleblock&p=677649&viewfull=1#post677649

PS. ISO in the Autocad template filename stands for 'International Standards Organisation', not isometric.

Edited by nukecad