Explode a Block, make changes then, save block via command line

rcb007

This might sound alittle weird. I am looking for a way to redefine a block by the command line. I might be thinking about this to simplistically. 

I have a block, I want to explode. Erase an object out of it, then via the command line "-block" overrite it or redefine it. This block is in a lot of other layout tabs.

Thank you for any help!

(initcommandversion 2)   
(command "explode" (ssget "X" '((2 . "Sheet-Legend"))) "")
(command "_.erase" (ssget "X" '((2 . "plan legend old"))) "")
(command "._insert" "plan legend proposed" "28.3902,21.0451" "1" "1" "0")
(command "-block" "Sheet-Legend" "0,0" "Window" "22.97,0.11" "33.56,21.1983" ""  "")

Command: (command "-block" "Sheet-Legend "0,0" "Window" "22.97,0.11" "33.56,21.1983" "" "yes" "")
Yes or No, please.
; error: Function cancelled
Redefine it? [Yes/No] <N>: Y

If you want to delete something out of a block it could be as simple as this.

(defun c:foo (/ e)
  (if (> (length (setq e (nentsel "\nPick something in a block: "))) 2)
    (progn (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-delete (list (vlax-ename->vla-object (car e))))
	   (vla-regen (vla-get-ActiveDocument (vlax-get-acad-object)) 0)
    )
  )
  (princ)
)

Why don't you use an XREF for this legend?

Edited by ronjonp
  • Like 1

I have some xrefs and some legend blocks that make up this "sheet-legend". The sheet-legend block is copied throughout the layout tabs within the dwg.

If i have 15 layout tabs, and change a block, i do not need to go to the other layout tabs. i can just edit it in sheet-legend.

2 hours ago, rcb007 said:

I have some xrefs and some legend blocks that make up this "sheet-legend". The sheet-legend block is copied throughout the layout tabs within the dwg.

If i have 15 layout tabs, and change a block, i do not need to go to the other layout tabs. i can just edit it in sheet-legend.

This is standard behavior for block or xrefs? The only difference is one is eXternal to the drawing :)