Mleader now opens Edit Attributes for value

darrellk-1

Hi, running 2016 LT on Windows 10 machine.  I have used Mleaders for years and it always give me a prompt in the Command Line for the value or text.  For some unknown reason, it now opens the Edit Attributes window and I have to enter the text and then click OK.  Really slow.  What have it turned on or off and how do I fix it.  ATTREQ = 1

Okay, so I figured it out finally.  I had to reset ATTDIA to (0) to get blocks with attributes or mleaders to prompt for the value in the Command Line instead of opening the Edit Attribute dialog box.   I have no clue how I changed it to (1), but I learned something new.

Glad you figured it out, and that you posted back with your solution.

I spent a little while yesterday trying to figure it out.

image.thumb.png.dc9ed6b1f8e143e4df99ac4952cfa621.png

I have never used LT, so I am not sure if SYSMON is available to you or not?

image.thumb.png.9367f370c552439db9918ad6774bf74d.png

• Like 1

Thank you for looking also.  Every time I do or find some esoteric command that has done something different to my program, I write it in my notebook for future reference.  I just made a note of the SYSMON command also.  Thanks for responding. 

SYSMON is active in 2021 LT,  F1 help says the documentation on it is from 2020 so it may not be in 2015

EDIT ADDED - SYSVARMON and SYSMON were new in the 2016 release.  2021 still does not have the command for listing all SYSVAR's

Edited by Dana W
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dana W said:

SYSMON is active in 2021 LT,  F1 help says the documentation on it is from 2020 so it may not be in 2015

EDIT ADDED - SYSVARMON and SYSMON were new in the 2016 release.  2021 still does not have the command for listing all SYSVAR's

Hi Dana thanks for following up on that.   :beer:

darrellk-1 mentioned he is running 2016, should probably update his current software profile.

Glad you are back on the track, now do yourself a favor and hit the SAVE ALL button so that you have

a personalized .svf file  which will enable you to very easily restore all of your favorite system variable settings.

It is just a matter of time before you will wish that you had one.

@Dana W LT can provide a full list of the system variables using the 'SETVAR' command followed by '?' '*'

It is easier to use if you turn on logfiles to get a saved file of the command history and you also need to set 'QAFLAGS=2' to stop the command window from prompting you to press enter affter each screen full of results.

I use this often to trace down odd behaviour and quickly check various values (relatively quickly 🤣) you do need to find the logfile and scroll through to the relevant part. It is often easier to close a drawing first and reopen it to start a fresh logfile.

• Like 2