Why Layer command open "Layer propreties manager" ?

teknomatika

I use some lisp routines that in your code use the "layer" command to previously create some layers. However, since a few days ago, when I use the same routines, they are interrupted and the "Layer propreties manager" dialog box is opened. What could be contributing to this situation?

How can I solve it?

Don't laugh, but at home, I still use autocad 2009!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Tharwat said:

Add a dash before the command name like this: "-layer" then this would pass over the dialog. 

Thanks!

Even with that change it doesn't work.

• 6 months later...

Hello CAD Admins,

We have the exact same problem.  Which started to appear last year intermittently.  Once the problem occurs, the only know way for us to resolve it was to RESET the AutoCAD profile. And you can imagine the fun of that. Oddly enough, some users only seen it once in a blue moon. While other users might see this twice a day. And once the custom AutoLISP (command ".layer" or "-layer") calls the actual dialog UP, then the trainwreck of "stacked" customizations begins to echo. With no way to repeat the issue as a CAD admin. It's been frustrating. 

My question. Is why now? After 30 years of running standard AutoLISP layer/dim/font loading command style LISP does this happen. What causes AutoCAD to flake out and behave differently than before. Is Autodesk trying to tell us something?

Detroit's Automation Alley