Parallel with Full distance to Arc Tangency

Hello,

why this don't "Snap to Tangent" like it should. Snap to Tangent it ON :)

slika.thumb.png.6db69a4fd52e6b00a61edb078b1d100b.png

This snap works but its make no sense :(

slika.thumb.png.6861662d97f1569370309c428910f3ba.png

Edited by Hrki

Since you know by experience that the Tangent snap is not giving what you want, I would draw a temporary line.

Draw a line perpendicular to the line at A to the centre of the radius. Extend that line to the arc and offset the line B using the endpoint snap. Erase temporary line.

offset solution.PNG

I tried to reproduce the issue, and the "tangent" point is (in my case at least) calculated from the endpoint of the original line. I thought the Perpendicular snap would do what the OP wants, but it doesn't register anywhere on the arc. Strangely enough, you can draw a line perpendicular to an arc.

I agree with Eldon, a temporary line should help to find the right point. Anything else adds complexity.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to CyberAngel's suggestion, my temporary line can be drawn in one go - draw the line perpendicular to A and then perpendicular to the arc. Job done in one.