LOAD MENU * .CUIX WITH LISP

Eduardo Celiz

GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS OF CADtutor, I'M TRYING TO LOAD MY MENU OR COMMAND BAR MisLisp.cuix with the help of lisp and avoid doing it manually with the _cuiload command, find the location of the file and load and use lisp to be able to load it later. Automatic and reviewed information and found this:

(command "_cuiload" "MisLisp.cuix")

but it doesn't work for me, I hope you can help me

(vl-load-com)

(vla-load (vla-get-menugroups (vlax-get-acad-object)) "MisLisp.cuix")

This will load using ActiveX. The cuix file must be in a support path or the full path included.

Edited by pkenewell
Corrected scope of menugroups

8 hours ago, pkenewell said:

Esto se cargará usando ActiveX. El archivo cuix debe estar en una ruta de soporte o debe incluirse la ruta completa.

I USE THE FOLLOWING ROUTE AND IT DOES NOT WORK

(vla-load (vla-get-menugroups (vlax-get-acad-object)) "MisLisp.CUIX")

(vla-load (vla-get-menugroups (vlax-get-acad-object)) "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MIS_LISP\\2020\\MisLisp.CUIX")

AND TRIED WITH BOTH AND IT DOES NOT WORK THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE THROWS ME

Error: Automation Error. File MisLisp.cuix is not found

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN BE DOING WRONG

@Eduardo Celiz I tested the same code and it works for me. Try testing out putting the cuix file in a different path on your computer, such as a sub-folder in your "documents" folder. Windows does not like customization files stored in the "Program Files" folders. I don't store my customizations in the "Program Files", because any files you want to write back to will error out.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pkenewell said:

@Eduardo Celiz I tested the same code and it works for me. Try testing out putting the cuix file in a different path on your computer, such as a sub-folder in your "documents" folder. Windows does not like customization files stored in the "Program Files" folders. I don't store my customizations in the "Program Files", because any files you want to write back to will error out.

@pkenewell  YOU HAVE ALL THE REASON IF THE CODE WORKS WHEN I USE A DIFFERENT ROUTE JUST MY PROBLEM IS THAT I NEED TO KEEP THE ROUTE PROGRAM FILES, MY QUERY IS WHETHER IT IS POSSIBLE OR NOT TO DO IT.AND I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO PREVENT THE MESSAGE FROM GOING OUT WHERE YOU HAVE TO GIVE "ALWAYS LOAD" TO AVOID THAT AND THAT IT IS AUTOMATICALLY

Edited by Eduardo Celiz

20 minutes ago, Eduardo Celiz said:

@pkenewell  YOU HAVE ALL THE REASON IF THE CODE WORKS WHEN I USE A DIFFERENT ROUTE JUST MY PROBLEM IS THAT I NEED TO KEEP THE ROUTE PROGRAM FILES, MY QUERY IS WHETHER IT IS POSSIBLE OR NOT TO DO IT.AND I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO PREVENT THE MESSAGE FROM GOING OUT WHERE YOU HAVE TO GIVE "ALWAYS LOAD" TO AVOID THAT AND THAT IT IS AUTOMATICALLY

Edited 18 minutes ago by Eduardo Celiz

@Eduardo Celiz I am not sure I can help you then. I believe you and any other user must have full administrator access to the machine in order to make this work. You may want to look into turning off the UAC completely for the machine. Note: Most apps do not put writable files into "Program Files" anymore, but create a sub-folder under "documents" or "Appdata" folders. For Example, Autodesk puts writable files a sub-folder in the Hidden "Appdata" folder under the specific user or common.