Generate a block with LookUp properties

Aftertouch

Goodevening everybody,

Our company is willing to introduce a bunch of blocks with the dynamic property 'lookup', to use for defining objects in AutoCAD.

Since the look-up lists are a pain to build for longer lists i was wondering....

Is it possible to generate a block with the name 'Smart-Tree, lets say a simpel circle, add a lookup attribute named 'Type', and give the pulldown the options of a defined list (setq datalist (list "a" "b" "c")

IF this is possible, i'd like to use a LISP file to build some of the blocks and be able to quickly changes settings when needed.

I added an example of the desired result as DWG in this post.

I hope anybody is willing to help me on this tricky task.

SmartTree.dwg

Hi ron,

I want to use multiple lookups in a block to add specified specs.

With a export function i can create sheets with object/product data.

Vise versa i want to import datasheets in a block-format.

Yes i have. But im only allowed to work with predefined lists. So need it to be easily edibleand accesable. XData is always a bit.. painful to edit

I'd recommend having a static block named after each plant, with a dictionary of plants embedded in the drawing. You could export a quantity table with  all required properties.

@Atook, thanks for the reply. I wish i could do this.

The plant is just an example.

I also have objects, with 8 'specs' to fill, with each more than 40 options....

Sometimes, when i want to pre-define a object, i can have more than 300000 unique variantions of one single object...

Maximum layers is 32000, so thats not an option. Building all those blocks.. not an option.

So im looking for some kind of dynamic, on-demand option.

Im open for any other suggestion. 😅

Have you looked at using dcl list multiple times can scroll up down and pick just 1 line. There is plenty of library make a list dcl out there. I use one from Alan J Thompson. Lee-mac has a nice one as well can select multiple lines. It may be possible to remember output list and add more from new lists. Lee may comment about that. 

• Thanks 1

@BIGAL

Hi Bigal, i solved it with the DCL's.

I generate a block with lisp, with a regular attribute field. The DCL has pre-defined values, when i select one, it fills in the attribute field.

Works like a charm! 🙂