Tell me about using spacemouse to do 2D drafting in AutoCAD

I've been WFH since March and am finally getting around to ergonomic desk setup due to pain in my mouse hand. I've found that switching to a trackball mouse with split keyboard setup has really slowed my workflow, as keyboard commands are now more challenging to reach one handed and the trackball is more cumbersome that a middle button mouse for panning a layout.

I've just found out that 3dconnexion makes a spacemouse that seems to be widespread in the 3d modeling professions, but haven't seen one in my office of landscape architects. So, do folks doing drafting use them? Are they a useful tool for creation and editing of 2D plans and details? Do they speed up workflow meaningfully?

If your old like me then you will remember digitiser's, the advantage was you have commands on the pad. As well as a-z 0-9. yes you can still buy them I played with one from Aldi like $35 but very small.

if you have dual screens have you typed "Keyboard" in the windows CMD bottom left may be usefull.

Found speech recognition in Win10 inside MS-word worked well. I have not tried to set it up with Autocad 2020 but did so like 30 years ago so its not new technology.Fun to swear at it. as you remap speech to other words.

image.png.ef3d5379fa27d415fc3e98b708c22389.png

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1