Proportional stretch/scale dynamic block and lookup

BigThumper

I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish this. I *think* I'm able to do it via block properties - but I'd rather not use a block properties table if I can avoid it.

If only because there's a limit of 1 block properties table per block and I want to save that for other purposes.

Attached is a sample block. It's just a square with a notch in one side, filled with a hatch. Using the lookup table, and the defined stretch actions, I can grow the block to any of the desired 4 sizes. But I want more. I want grips that will let me re-size the block by dragging - but it needs to retain the proportions. If I drag in the Y axis, the X-axis doesn't update. If I pull the left side, the right side doesn't update (and neither does the Y axis). I've tried various combinations of stretch, scale, and constraints - so far I've come up empty.

StretchSample.dwg

To clarify, you are wanting the entire object to rescale with a drag feature - while maintaining the existing 4-size option you currently already have?

Correct - I want to be able to re-size to one of the 4-sizes. I've configured the dimension parameters to "list" type, and they adjust...but the block distorts and doesn't do what I want.

If you select the block and click the arrow tag down near the base point, you can then select any of the 4 lookup values you've specified from the list and everything will automatically update without needing the mouse wheel.  Is that kind of scaling what u mean?

Yes. I want to be able to have the identical result to the lookup action by using a stretch/scale/whatever grip.

There is likely an existing LISP routine that can toggle through each of the lookup values in an Autocad drawing with mwheel up/dn.

That would definitely provide u with what u are looking for.

Perhaps one of our LISP folks would know more.

That or there may be an add-on in the Autocad app store that can perform the function (not sure).

The only way I know to toggle through each individual lookup value is to first select the tag for the table.

Perhaps a lisp routine could query the values in the table, then provide options for toggling with mwheel up/dn- but just theorizing.

-ChriS

Thank you Steven - but not quite what I'm looking for. Separate from deleting the lookup parameter, you also removed the side grips. That's the most challenging one.

The closest I've come is able to modify the geometry - but the grips don't update. If I pull one of the side grips the square re-sizes but the top grip doesn't move. The *only* update that is consistent is by selecting the Lookup parameter - but I'm trying to get the reverse to work and I'm not finding a way.

Functionally, the block I've attached does everything I want. There's a selector, and three grips. Pulling the sides or top updates the selector. The only problem...this is using block properties instead of a lookup. That's the only problem - and it's otherwise I think a very elegant solution. Using constraints instead of actions may actually be more efficient. But...this means a block properties table is now used.

So I'm left with the question - is it *possible* to have the behavior of the attached block (updating the "lookup" parameter via side grips) via Lookup actions without a block properties table?

StretchSample.dwg