make pat files

BIGAL

My pattern doesn't look like yours does. Have you renamed the pattern file to omit the spaces along with the name inside the file?

When I explode the hatch my ACAD the hatch becomes lines.

Only when I use this dott approximation .lsp do I get what you're showing.

13 hours ago, 3dwannab said:

My pattern doesn't look like yours does. Have you renamed the pattern file to omit the spaces along with the name inside the file?

When I explode the hatch my ACAD the hatch becomes lines.

Only when I use this dott approximation .lsp do I get what you're showing.

The two patterns are the same - see picture below. My lines are fainter because they are dots. Your picture is not a hatch, it is separate lines.

I did rename and change the name on the first line of your posted hatch file to something simpler.

I can only think that you posted the file that you got using the dot approximation lisp. How did you create the hatch file? Do you understand the elements of the hatch definition? I can assure you that in the file posted, there are only dots and definitely no lines - just look at the size of the file.

cobles compared.PNG

On 9/4/2024 at 4:44 PM, 3dwannab said:

Hi again,

I've been trying to figure out why AutoCADs' preview looks next to useless (and that's been very generous). See the attached example hatch pattern and the original drawing file also.

The preview looks like this 😑

image.png.2250147d850361eff6f5b1b4ddbc3d76.png

What does bricsCADs' preview look like?

I have the hatch drawn in a 1x1 square with a rounding of 0.01.

It should half resemble this 1x1 square, I would of thought.

image.png.c9b17dff16b7fb9fee104056ac6cab7b.png

Stone Cobble 01.dwg 123.53 kB · 2 downloads Stone Cobble 01.pat 115.58 kB · 4 downloads

The file posted here is made of dots on my computer as well.

@3dwannab

I must say that your pattern looks remarkably similar to pattern HSTON2EO, free patterns from CADhatch.

I am afraid I don't see how you are moving things along to make new hatch patterns.

The preview looks like this

preview73.PNG

Edited by eldon
added preview

I'm sorry, I posted the wrong one and it was using the dott approximation method. Here's the pattern file I have currently. It's 55 lines of data. It's not the same as the HSTON2EO. That's 280 lines. @eldon, I'm going through my entire hatch library cleaning them up.

I got the preview to work correctly by tweaking the tiling.

image.png.ce73dafd3fe7c11971a4902899c0d7c7.png

Stone_Cobble_01.pat

Edited by 3dwannab

@3dwannab

You did indeed post the wrong one, but the two hatches are very similar. The new hatch has fewer shapes repeating, so it would have less lines in the file.

similar hatches.PNG

Edited by eldon
edited