Scale Object and Pick Base Point.

CAD_Noob

Can somebody help me with a lisp on scaling Attribute blocks?

I want to be able to input the scale factor one time...
Select the object and specify it's base point.

The reason for this is that I'm going to use this for my Grid Bubbles.
I need different sizes of bubbles based on the scale being used.

I cannot use the block's insertion point as the bubble location varies.

I use annotative blocks whenever I need them to autoscale and remain horizontal no matter how they're TWisted. 

For inserting a North Arrow which must always point North I use a macro:

^C^C-INSERT "G:/ENGDESGN/BeaufordT/Blocks/North/Aerial North 0.5.dwg" Scale (/ 1.0 (getvar 'cannoscalevalue)) Rotate E 

If you don't to use use annotative blocks that autoscale when the scale changes using (/ 1.0 (getvar 'cannoscalevalue)) for your scale value may be what you want.

I tried creating an annotative block.

1:1 in model space. I create 2 viewports in the layout space, 

one viewport is 1:100 and the other is 1:50

Aren't they supposed to be the same size when i layout space?

mine is showing different sizes

I misled you before. Annotative Text, Blocks, and Dimensions all work differently.  Model Space Text plots the same height in a layout no matter what the viewport scale is, With Blocks you only have the options to view them at different scales and keep orientation no matter how they're TWisted. 

With Civil 3D point blocks you would have the option to have them display the same size no matter the VP scale, but I don't know of any way to do that in AutoCAD.

Look at Dynamic Blocks: http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-6D4A620B-30AB-4593-B168-F9FF084017C6

Scale Action (BACTIONTOOL)

Adds a scale action to the dynamic block definition when you associate the action with a linear, polar, or XY parameter. A scale action is similar to the SCALE command. In a dynamic block reference, a scale action causes its selection set to scale when the associated parameter is edited by moving grips or by using the Properties palette.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 10:06 PM, tombu said:

Look at Dynamic Blocks: http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-6D4A620B-30AB-4593-B168-F9FF084017C6

Scale Action (BACTIONTOOL)

Adds a scale action to the dynamic block definition when you associate the action with a linear, polar, or XY parameter. A scale action is similar to the SCALE command. In a dynamic block reference, a scale action causes its selection set to scale when the associated parameter is edited by moving grips or by using the Properties palette.

forgot to mention i also intend to use this to select text / mtext