Text in model space not showing correctly in paper space.

bruce13557

I'm using a plug in to name and count objects that I'm detailing. It labels them all in model space I am then inserting title blocks in paper space and dimensioning them.

When I started all of the text in model space was printing nicely in paper space but somewhere it changed and now the text is printing very bold and is almost unreadable.

As far as I can tell the text properties are the same for all of the printing. I have included 2 PDF drawings for comparison.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can fix it? 

011 BIN CORNER 1 STRUCTURAL.pdf 036 FLOOR EDGE BEAMS.pdf

Looks like a change in text style but same name and possibly annotative.

We always did not change "Standard" as a company policy no matter who drew what.

Edited by BIGAL

Guessing Plot Style used for the added title block changed the lineweight for that text. 

It would be simple to figure out if you attached the drawing and Plot Style.

I have tried changing the text style and even making a new one without any change, looking at the text closely it appears that the un readable ones have a much thicker line. Can I change the line thickness of multitext?

1 hour ago, bruce13557 said:

I have tried changing the text style and even making a new one without any change, looking at the text closely it appears that the un readable ones have a much thicker line. Can I change the line thickness of multitext?

What font are you using? If you used Arial it shouldn't, but all shx fonts are subject to lineweight which could also be controlled by whatever Plot Style you're using.

Have you tried changing the object or layer lineweight? If you using a CTB Plot Style have you tried changing to a color without lineweight?

I am using Ariel, I did try Tecniclite without any change. I have tried changing layer, colour, and setting line weight to 0 and reducing line width without effect.

It seems that this was put in with the add on (AVC LAY) when I was detailing   

23 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Can you post some of the actual drawing file?

As mentioned, just need some of the file, in particular the troublesome part. If just a little text is too large to post here, that may be part of the problem.

4 hours ago, bruce13557 said:

I am using Ariel, I did try Tecniclite without any change. I have tried changing layer, colour, and setting line weight to 0 and reducing line width without effect.

It seems that this was put in with the add on (AVC LAY) when I was detailing   

All the TecnicLite  and Ariel text came in fine. Easy to tell apart as 4's in TecnicLite don't close on top like they do in Ariel and TecnicLite was created with thiner lines.

You've used some strange software to create those characters grey bounded by black characters. They look like ones used in ArcGIS and with some annotation created with AutoCAD Map but it cannot be created or converted by AutoCAD software or anything else I can think of.

You must have some idea how you created that text or added it to your file. Time to fess up.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 12:07 PM, tombu said:

Guessing Plot Style used for the added title block changed the lineweight for that text. 

It would be simple to figure out if you attached the drawing and Plot Style.

Yes it would have. Glad you have it sorted now.

• 3 weeks later...