HATCH Includes Boundary Lines

Bill Tillman

I have an issue with the HATCH command. When I draw a rectangle, for example and then fill it with a hatch, the end result is that I have the hatch but it now includes the lines which formed the boundary of it. So if I erase it or move it, the whole mess moves or gets erased. I've tried looking for a setting for this but can't seem to find anything that resolves the issue.

Just so you know, setting a hatch to be associative means that you can stretch or otherwise deform the original outline and the hatch will expand automatically to fill the new outline, this can be really usefull. Also when you move objects the hatch goes with it. Non associative hatching doesn't do this an is a stand alone feature.

Unless things have changed, you should be able to delete the Hatch without deleting the original boundary and delete the boundary without deleting the hatch, it is sometimes hard to select just the boundary, but possible.