Request for custom lisp routine

jdp

I'm hoping to get some help to come up with a custom  lisp routine that changes the components of a detail I would receive from

an architect and explode the blocks and nested blocks all to my background layer "BY OTHERS". Here are the requirements:

- Select specific details and not the entire drawing

- All blocks and nested blocks at every level to be exploded.
- All lines, polylines, arcs, circles, etc. to change to the "BY OTHERS" layer.
- All hatch patterns to remain a hatch component and change to the "BY OTHERS" layer.
- All linetypes to retain their original linetype setting ( I would like to possibly address this in a future revision).
- After all of this is done, I would like to have all of these components to have a color and lineweight of "ByLayer"

and a linetype scale of 1 and run the Overkill command.

I don't know if this is allowed here but I would be willing to offer compensation for the completed routine since this seems like a

lot of work and it will be used for my shop drawing practice.

Thanks, Jeff

I could take a look at this if you'd like.  Do you have a sample drawing?  I don't know if this site will allow us to exchange personal email addresses.

Nice work Marko owes you a beer etc.

To JDP all blocks to be exploded would it be enough to convert to bylayer "By Others" end up with a lot of lines.

Edited by BIGAL

Marko, thank again for your help.

Bigal, my drawings are simple so exploding the blocks to individual components doesn't slow my work down. This routine will greatly speed things up for me. I receive a lot of dwg files exported from Revit and they have components within the blocks where the color, linetype and linetype scale aren't Bylayer and affects the final plotted graphic that my customers expect.