Layer palette update

casariana

Hello everyone,

When I create a new layer using

(command "._Layer" "_Make" "layer_name" "_Color" "94" "layer_name" "_LT" "Continuous" "layer_name" "")

Even if I set the new layer as current with

(setvar "clayer" "layer_name")

Although the layer is created, It won't show at the layer palette, unless I close and reopen the drawing or insert an object at the layer.

The same happens when I use the Steal code from Lee Mac.

I also tried to thaw and turn the layer on using this code I adapted from some forum (sorry I didn't credit the code I based mine, but I cannot find it anymore):

(defun turn_on ( layer / dx en in ss )
  (vl-load-com)
   (if (not (null (setq en (tblobjname "LAYER" layer))))
     (progn
       (if
           (and
               (setq en (entget en)
                     dx (assoc 70 en)
                     en (entmod (subst (cons 70 0) dx en))
               )
               (setq ss (ssget "_X" (list (cons 8 layer))))
           )
	   (progn
             (repeat (setq in (sslength ss))
               (entupd (ssname ss (setq in (1- in))))
             )
       )

)
       (vla-put-LayerOn (vlax-ename->vla-object (tblobjname "LAYER" layer)) 1)
     )
   )
   (princ)
)

Still, the layer created is not showing in the layer palette list. How could I fix it?

Thanks a lot!

You have sent me a PM which refers to this topic I think. The fact that you have received no answer does not means members have missed it. It may just be a problem that is hard, or impossible, to solve. IMO it is probably a bug in the layer palette list. I use BricsCAD and do not encounter this bug with, what I think is, the equivalent feature: the Layers panel.

Maybe there are commands to close and reopen the palette in AutoCAD that can be used to create a workaround?

Assuming you're using a Ribbon or Toolbar macro simply add CLAYER layer_name to the end instead of 

(setvar "clayer" "layer_name")

The Ribbon display doesn't update to code as that would slow the code.

I just tested in AutoCAD 2019 and could not reproduce this? Do you have all service packs installed? What graphics card are you running?

8 hours ago, Roy_043 said:

You have sent me a PM which refers to this topic I think. The fact that you have received no answer does not means members have missed it. It may just be a problem that is hard, or impossible, to solve. IMO it is probably a bug in the layer palette list. I use BricsCAD and do not encounter this bug with, what I think is, the equivalent feature: the Layers panel.

Maybe there are commands to close and reopen the palette in AutoCAD that can be used to create a workaround?

Thank you very much for your answer and sorry to bother you, I got worried I messed it up! 😅

Anyway, I tried to do what you said and  it did not solve my problem, unfortunately.

But I am greatful for your reply!

4 hours ago, tombu said:

Assuming you're using a Ribbon or Toolbar

Tombu, thank you for your reply but I am not using Ribbon or Toolbar. I was refering to the layer palette, the layer properties manager.

3 hours ago, ronjonp said:

I just tested in AutoCAD 2019 and could not reproduce this? Do you have all service packs installed? What graphics card are you running?

Hey ronjonp, thank you for your help! I use the student version, so I don't have all the service packs. I have a Intel HD Graphics 520. You say you could not reproduce it so the created layer was displayed at the layer palette? That's intriguing 🤔

Anyways, what kinda solved my question was to make a block with a matrix of points from all layers. Then I insert and erase the block after creating the layers. This way I garantee that an object of each layer is being inserted.

This doesn't please me, but works.

17 hours ago, tombu said:

Just guessing in your Layer Properties Manager is the Active Filter "All Used Layers"?

Change it to All.

Yes! That's it! I feel kind of stupid I didn't see that before.

Thank you very much!

24 minutes ago, casariana said:

Yes! That's it! I feel kind of stupid I didn't see that before.

Thank you very much!

It's always good to hear a puzzle has been solved.  Thanks for letting us know.  

• Like 1