REQUIRE LISP Convert Coordinate to Decimal Degrees

pmadhwal7

want lisp which can automatically convert autocad coordinate to Decimal Degrees format please see the image for reference

Capture.JPG

First you need Map 3D, after that it depends on where you are on earth. You have to have a starting coordinate system and another to convert the drawing to, but make a backup copy as you will need it in both coordinate systems.

How to transform (reproject) drawing content to another coordinate system: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/transform-reproject-drawing-to-another-coordinate-system.html

Then do your labeling.

6 hours ago, pmadhwal7 said:

Sir i am trying to convert autocad coordinate to UTM (Decimal Degrees), like the attached excel doing

There are still 8 different Metric World/Continental (WGS84) Coordinate Systems installed with Map 3D that you could be trying to convert.  If you could provide the formula for the conversion you need someone may be able to come up with lisp for you.

Assuming you're using Map 3D entering this on the command line will let you know what Coordinate System is set in the current drawing:

(if(=(ade_projgetwscode)"")(princ "\nNo coordinate system set!")(princ(strcat "\nCoordinate system set to " (ade_projgetwscode) ". ")))(princ)

Tombu may not have MAP profile says Autocad.

PMADHWAL7 The spreadsheet has macros that are hidden so unless you know the formulas there will be no help, these are complicated formulas to do in lisp.  Have you googled for your UTM. Find formulas.

1 hour ago, BIGAL said:

PMADHWAL7 The spreadsheet has macros that are hidden so unless you know the formulas there will be no help, these are complicated formulas to do in lisp.  Have you googled for your UTM. Find formulas.

I'd half to agree, I wasn't able to find a conversion formula in that workbook either.  Just wanted him to understand there has to be something more than AutoCAD coordinates to convert from.  The coordinate values suggest a defined coordinate system.  The drawing may have been output from GIS software or brought in with ArcGIS for AutoCAD.  He's going to need to know the from coordinate system if he cannot give us that conversion formula.

3 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Sir, in the formula is in the attached XLS..

21 hours ago, tombu said:

There are still 8 different Metric World/Continental (WGS84) Coordinate Systems installed with Map 3D that you could be trying to convert.  If you could provide the formula for the conversion you need someone may be able to come up with lisp for you.

Assuming you're using Map 3D entering this on the command line will let you know what Coordinate System is set in the current drawing:

(if(=(ade_projgetwscode)"")(princ "\nNo coordinate system set!")(princ(strcat "\nCoordinate system set to " (ade_projgetwscode) ". ")))(princ)

yes u r right i am using map3d,i have different zone data and i want to convert particular block coordinate into (Decimal Degrees) format right now i am using attached xls to convert autocad coordinate

Coordinate converter.xls

2 hours ago, pmadhwal7 said:

yes u r right i am using map3d,i have different zone data and i want to convert particular block coordinate into (Decimal Degrees) format right now i am using attached xls to convert autocad coordinate

The macros in your attached xls are hidden, we need the conversion formula inside it to help you.  If you could just post it instead of the xls file we may be able to help you.

sir is their any way to unhide it?

10 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Sir don;t know how tb un hide it is the following link help you?

https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/2017/12/20/very-hidden-sheets-excel/

On 7/22/2019 at 1:36 PM, pmadhwal7 said:

want lisp which can automatically convert autocad coordinate to Decimal Degrees format please see the image for reference

I think that this simple request reveals that you do not really understand the complexity of what you are asking for free.

Your 'autocad coordinate' is a UTM coordinate which is a plane grid. The 'Decimal Degrees format' is Longitude and Latitude which are lines along the surface of the Earth. The transformation formulae are complex, and not something that a keen volunteer could write in a spare minute.

Be reasonable in your requests and do a bit of research into coordinate systems.

• Like 1