Emoji

Steven P

Because it is a Monday, and that doesn't mean my mind can't wander...

but does anyone have any DWG emojis? I quickly tried drawing a couple but they came out quite sinister (might be my state of mind though)

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:18 PM, f700es said:

Steven, what exactly are you looking for? Any examples?

It was just a throw away comment by one of the engineers - a high five emoji and that got me wondering if there were any out there. Maybe when I am quiet I'll make a few up

Cannot be that hard can it (maybe that's why there aren't many out there - too easy to create a need for them), bit of a circle, couple of eyes and an expression and shade it all yellow

• Like 1

Inkspace maybe usefull to convert jpg to dwg.

It is possible to create TTF which could bee emojis but I don't know how, had a TTF that had hundreds of traffic signs.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - all good ideas. I haven't had time to look at this any more, apparently I need to work for a living for a few weeks. Thinking I might just make up a few emoji blocks for future reference as and when I get time

• 3 years later...

Autocad supports .wmf files,... clipart files with .wmf extension can imported into Autocad, they come in as outlines in true colour, can be trimmed and hatched, exploded etc. I used to do it a lot when I was bored and waiting for work.

• Like 1

Aha, Emojis! I should have given an update to this well before now.

In between then and now I have made up a block LISP routine which takes data from a text file (line coordinates generally), writes them to a block and inserts them in the drawing, all from a command line prompt. For the blocks I use all the time this is a lot quicker than even the AutoCAD 'Inset' command, for example "blkearth" insets an electrical earth symbol

Guess what these do.. 'point', 'stop' 'OK' 'thumb' and 'xfingers'.

My original plan was a few keyboard presses and insert the block, perfect for when am sitting with the engineers going through stuff.

Maybe it is time I made a few more up - now I have made up the LISPs getting their coordinate data is quick for me, just need to make them look a little less evil

On 6/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, Steven P said:

Thanks - looks like I will be tracing a couple when I get a few more spare minutes

Use inkskape (free)

or lightburn has a 30 day demo.

-edit

might need a little bit of clean up but faster then tracing.

highfive.dwg

Edited by mhupp
  • Like 2

Nice, thanks Mhupp.

Quite a lot in that, but will tidy up nicely I think for what I do. 

Will try to remember to post mine in here early next week

• Like 1