Delete/change annotative scale layout paper space

Hello everyone,

I want to purge a bunch of drawings from not desirable annotative scales linked to layouts in the paper space.

(Please see attachment)

I cannot purge this specific annotative scale. I have a bunch of drawings (a little more than 400) and I want to get rid of this one:

1'-0" = 1'-0"

I don't want to edit it. I want to delete it completely. As I mentioned before, it is attached top the Layout itself.

Please help me, it is making me crazy not to be able to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Sergio

AnnoScaleDelete.JPG

1:1 is always set to default but autocad's default viewports are dynamic so it doesn't matter much.

What this means is that by default the viewport will zoom to extents of whatever is currently drawn in model space and it will center it.  Using AutoCAD that way would drive me crazy though.  

For drawings containing 3D data the default viewports zoom to extents in an isometric view.

Creating a standard titleblock template, page setup, etc.. then using that to create a standard template is common practice when getting started.

You can then set up your viewports and scale them to fit on the sheet as desired.

The viewport is the more important animal here.

There are multiple ways to select scaling for your viewports.

You can select the viewport and change the "standard scale" to 1:1 in properties and at that point the annotation scale WOULD apply.  As you will see the 1:1 would no longer be greyed out at that point and becomes white.

You can also double click inside the viewport and then select the desired scale in the scale dropdown at bottom right.  You can then use pan command to get everything lined up on the sheet the way you want.

Once viewport is configured and scaled the way you want, lock it.

If you don't have a printer attached use DWG to PDF as your standard in page setup.

Once you get page setup configured the way you want you can also then import the page setup to other drawings and "set current" OR copy the layout as many times as needed in your drawing. 

ChriS

Edited by ammobake

Forgot to mention if you are using standard scales for your viewports you also never want to use "scale to sheet" in page setup and you always want to set it to print 1:1.

Otherwise your standard scaling in every single drawing would be off/wrong in the final product.

ChriS

Thanks Ammbake,

maybe I was not explaining myself correct. I know it is possible to change the viewports annotation scales. I know the process.

My question is (please take a look on the attached picture)

I want to get rid of the 1'-0" = 1'-0" as shown on the picture.

I know it has to be set to a 1 = 1 (metric)

But I don't want the inches annotation scale. I want the metric annotation scale.

AnnoScaleDelete_01.JPG

AnnoScaleDelete_02.JPG

To get the scales list you want go to options, preferences, default scales list, change the selector to imperial and click ok.

-ChriS

Try this link it shows an apparent solution using Lisp, I'm on LT so I can't test it on your file, but I can confirm it would drive me crazy too, you can delete and rename anything but that default scale remains 12 paper units = 12 drawing units, and you should be able to have that set as 1 paper unit = 1 drawing unit.

Thanks everyone,

I am sorry I am not able to explai myself correctly. I try to simplify the drawings I sent for them not to have extra not needed information.

I'll try one more time.

My problem is I have a lot of drawings which are having two annotation scales for 1 to 1 units

One is

1:1

The other is (I don't need this one)

1'-0" = 1'-0"

See attached file please

I want to keep the drawings clean without extra information which may cause troubles in the future.

I have a couple of questions:

• How can I delete this annoscale 1'-0" = 1'-0"?
  • How can I identify which objects contain this annoscale?
    • If I discover it, (physical or not physical like layouts) I assume I could remove this annoscale from the entity and at the end I could also remove the annoscale from the drawing database.

I find the annotative scales very useful but very complicated to interact with . Once one is set, u cannot change it or edit it. It is not like layers contained in a block which are easy to remove after entities that contain this layer, were changed to another layer.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

AnnoScaleDelete_03.JPG

AnnoScales.dwg

If I understand your problem correctly, you want to consolidate two scales, which are mathematically equivalent.

I've had this issue. The simplest solution is to begin by selecting all objects that have annotation. There are only a few entity types that allow it, so you may have to do this more than once, but it's a finite number.

Once you've selected the annotated objects, open the "Annotative Scale" list. Delete the scale you don't want. Some of the objects may not have that scale, but it doesn't matter. The important thing is that you don't have to do this for single objects, you can do it for whole types.

Open the master scale list. If you have deleted the unwanted scale for all objects, you may now delete the scale. If you can't delete it at this point, keep looking for annotative objects. Again, you don't have to find each object, just types of objects.