Cancel button in open dialog and command reactor

Mara821

Hi,

I have command reactor for seting global coordinate system and other stuff if I use command xattach. I would like create error trap for pressing cancel button while opening xref file. For cancel button in "Attach External Reference" dialog is easy, I use variable "DIASTAT", but this doesnť work for open dialog (see Reference manual). :vlr-commandCancelled doesn't catch pressing cancel buton and :vlr-commandended is triggered. I know i can create function with  using (getfiled) but i would like stay with reactors. So is there way how I can get pressing of cancel button?

Thanks

Hi, 

When you interrupt the secondary dialog box "Select Reference File" with cancel or the [X] button, you'll get the following events triggered (and a sample arguments that they have) -

:VLR-documentLockModeWillChange . (#<VLA-OBJECT IAcadDocument 00000017039a28c8> 4 2 4 "#XATTACH")
:VLR-documentLockModeChanged . (#<VLA-OBJECT IAcadDocument 00000017039a28c8> 4 2 2 "#XATTACH")

However if you choose a (dwg) file and get into the third dialog box "Attach External Reference", and cancel or [X]-it it... then you'll get -

.. some events ...
:VLR-dwgFileOpened . (#<VLA-OBJECT IAcadDatabase 000000170166a768> "C:\\<Path>\\Test.dwg")
.. some events ...
:VLR-documentLockModeWillChange . (#<VLA-OBJECT IAcadDocument 00000017039a28c8> 4 2 4 "#XATTACH")
:VLR-documentLockModeChanged . (#<VLA-OBJECT IAcadDocument 00000017039a28c8> 4 2 2 "#XATTACH")

Finally if you are able to attach the dwg, then you'll get -

... bunch of object opened, appended, modified events...
:VLR-xrefSubcommandAttachItem . (4 nil)
.. some more events...
:VLR-commandEnded . ("XATTACH")
:VLR-documentLockModeWillChange . (#<VLA-OBJECT IAcadDocument 00000017039a28c8> 4 1 4 "#XATTACH")
:VLR-documentLockModeChanged . (#<VLA-OBJECT IAcadDocument 00000017039a28c8> 4 1 2 "#XATTACH")

Good Luck! 👨‍🔧

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much, it helped. I used vlr-xref-reactor after all, because its callbacks fires before commandEnded callback.