LISP File for Multiple Offsets

RSmalley

Okay so I've tried searching Google, these forums, etc. to no avail. What I'm looking for (and what I used to have as a command at my old workplace) is an offset LISP that I can choose a beginning point on a polyline and then an endpoint on a polyline and have perpendicular offsets at a specified distance (the same distance repeated) for the entire length of the selected points.

This is for parking striping so the easiest way to put it would be: say I have a 150 foot curb line in a drawing, I need perpendicular offsets from that line at 10' intervals creating 15 parking stripes without using the offset multiple command and having to click over and over.

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attached is an oldie I had lying around by Tony Tanzillo.

It will only work with Lines, not Polylines, but you can select start and end points.

It does single side or both sides of line and fits as many bays as possible complying with a minimum stall width.

Play around with it.

stall90.lsp

17 hours ago, dlanorh said:

Attached is an oldie I had lying around by Tony Tanzillo.

It will only work with Lines, not Polylines, but you can select start and end points.

It does single side or both sides of line and fits as many bays as possible complying with a minimum stall width.

Play around with it.

stall90.lsp

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for and since I have a little bit of knowledge with programming I was able to make it create polylines instead of lines. This is going to be a huge time saver!

If you need to do arcs, I vaguely remember something on the Autodesk Visual Lisp Autolisp Customization Forums. I may have a copy archived somewhere, IF I can find it. 

Just seen post by @ronjonp

I would suggest using this

Edited by dlanorh

Two answers

1 a CIV3d sample dwg "parking tools" it has multiple dynamic blocks for car parks including kerbs etc just stretch and makes what you want.

2 a simple lisp your welcome to try it was written around metric so would like to know what it does for feet. use start point - end point method.

carpark made simple.lsp

Parking Tools - Imperial.dwg

Parking Tools - Metric.dwg