Space Between Whole Number and Fraction

Bill Tillman

I remember when AutoCAD was first installed on this machine and I typed in 4 1/4" it would automatically convert the 1/4" to a stacked dimension and that's cool. But it left a space between the whole number and the fraction. I also recall there was a setting in the dialog window which automatically came up and you had the choice to automatically delete this space. Now someone used this computer over the weekend to do some personal house plans and they somehow reset this to leave the space in. When I asked them about it , as usual they were clueless that they even made a change. Doing some searching for this has only yielded how to stack fractions. So how does one go back to the previous setting for this, short of resetting AutoCAD to all it's defaults?

Edited by Bill Tillman

Okay, no sooner said than done one of my searches came up with the fix. I opened a block of MTEXT to edit it and once I parked the mouse on one of the existing fractions an icon appeared which allowed me to select "Stack Properties". Once there I selected AutoStack and then the menu which originally came up when AC was first installed appeared and allowed me to enable automatic deletion of the leading space.  Whoopie!

• Thanks 1