Ortho with 45 degrees

aban

On 5/5/2020 at 9:45 PM, Astripes said:

So is making this customization possible?

With customization, anything is possible. :)

-TZ

Welcome to CADTutor Astripes.  :)

This is so monumentally simple.

In summation of everything that was posted before.

A couple years late to the party but after tweaking one's Polar Settings as shown in the image, and devoting less than five minutes (likely a lot less)

test driving this configuration I should think most users would be good to go, back on the tracks, and getting back to social distancing and work.

Yes, there are those who favor using the Dynamic Input, with two fields, one for angle, and the other for distance, personal preference, and good functionality.

I don't think this will constitute news to all those forum members who were trying to help the OP.

I am reminded of the old Abbot & Costello riff "Who's on first?"  :beer:
I wouldn't have posted to this old thread, except that Astripes posted a follow up question.

image.thumb.png.c21f2f223361f87e77b7b4e521618a6f.png

• Like 1

So many good answers here for this age-old issue which was one of the first customizations I ever made back in the day (1988?). I approached the problem by defining a digitizer menu button that swapped out the snapang variable as such:

(defun sangb(/ sang wowa)(setq sang (getvar "snapang"))(if (= sang (/ pi 4))(setvar "snapang" (/ pi 1))(setvar "snapang" (/ pi 4)))(princ))(sangb)

• Like 1

Hallelujah!!!!  We now have a customization, as was aspired to, by the original OP.

Thanks for supplying that RetroCad.  :beer:

So that's what a digitizer looks like, eh?

Never used one.

I still think that becoming familiar with the Polar tracking functionality is a good idea, as it is really pretty straight ahead, pun intended, in an odd way.

Hello,

I think it would be easier to type in:

PLINE: ENTER

<45

ENTER

or an ARRAY of points at certain intervals?

Dadgad you can still buy them they are made for windows now and I have played with Autocad and one. Their really for freehand sketching paint etc, have a stylus, very cheap compared to like $3000 a 9"x9" as little as $50.

Chris I have LUDR.lsp so load it and type l23 u45 and so on strips the direction and distance draws ortho lines, so I guess could add A23 b45 C56 D12.34

Edited by BIGAL

Dadgad you can still buy them they are made for windows now and I have played with Autocad and one. Their really for freehand sketching paint etc, have a stylus, very cheap compared to like $3000 a 9"x9" as little as $50.

BIGAL, sounds like a good tool, from the old school!

Touch screen, stylus?  Five button mouse works for me.

If I really needed to speed it up I might go for a fancy gaming mouse, but the mouse has been good to me so far!

But I do like my silent M590 Logitech mouse which can be used on two different laptops on my desktop, without needing to switych to a different mouse.

Can copy and paste from one to the other too, which is pretty cool.