comparing 2 drawings in the 3rd drawing with the condition of displacement 10cm

Justyna

Hi everyone!

I need help to write an application which would do the following:

- compare 2 drawings on the 3rd one (yes, I'm familiar with COMPARE plug in from Autodesk,)

- both drawings are 2D, railway design built from lines and arcs on different layers

- the application should compare those 2 designs and give as output: if the design is partly this same (no displacement) - grey line/arc.

- if the shift/ displacement between 2 designs is less than 10cm - green line/circle

- if the shift is equal or more than 10cm (=>) - red

- the part of design that is =>10 cm on the 1st drawing - make black with dotted line (line type:HIDDEN 5), what means that this part has to be demolished.

I paste drawing for general overview.

drawing 03-08-2017.pdf

I hope is clear - otherwise please ask me for better explanation ;)

HOW I DID IT TILL NOW?

I copied the 2 drawings into the 3rd one, with this same scale, units, etc.

I used commando OFFSET and value 10cm

Everything what was above- I made red, what was under - made green, and the lines which were overlapping- grey.

Disadvantages :

- you have to check km of lines

- you have to use BREAK A POINT every time lines crosses my 10cm offset

Any ideas?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the solution to compare 2 drawings and give the output in the 3rd drawing.

I am familiar with the COMPARE plug in, but this doesn't full fill all my conditions.

So I want to compare railway design (drawing 2) with the existing situation (drawing 1), and the result have in drawing nr 3.

Both of them are 2D drawings, built up from lines and arcs.

The conditions are as follow:

1) If the lines (arcs) are overlapping (no shift, or displacement=0), then this part of the design on layer EXISTING (colour grey)

2) If the design is shifted, but the displacement is less than 10 cm (D

3) If the new design is more than 10cm from existing situation, (D=>0.1m), then this part set on layer NEW (colour red)

4) part of the existing railway design (from drawing 2) which has to be demolished - on the layer DEMOLISH (colour black, style of the line: HIDDEN 5).

To visualise I place the sketch under:

Capture 3.jpg

Capture 5.jpg

Capture 6.jpg

Anybody an idea?

Till now I did it as follow:

1) Copy both drawings into 3rd one (this same scale, units, etc)

2) Using command OFFSET with value 0.1 (10cm)

3) Everything what was above offset line - set on layer NEW, what was without changes - layer EXISTING, under the offset line- on the layer SHIFT.

4) The part of the existing design (from drawing 2) - set on layer DEMOLISH.

DISADVANTAGES:

- km of design track to check

- to separate the lines/ arc need to use a lot of times command BREAK a POINT, and then to replace it to the correct layer.

Anybody an idea how I can make it automatically?

Thank you in advance!

What you want is known as the peg and shift you compare say two alignments they can be directly on top and the report produced would give + & - answers for the offsets at say fixed intervals. You may be able to use something like Lee-macs Steal to bring the two plines into the 3rd drawing. Normally just do a text file report.

I am not sure if this is a std option in CIV3D as we use a 3rd party product where this is an option for doing it.

Using the VL option getpointatdist you can get a point on line 1 then use getclosestpointto to get a square off point from the 2nd line.

The batter.lsp may be almost what you want as it does this compare of two plines. It would need to be modified to do peg&shift.

batterticks2.lsp